People of the Parks website

mickeysaver

While I love the People of Walmart website, I have to say that I am not too thrilled with the People of the Parks site for Disneyland guests. Thankfully, I didn't see myself on there, but I am sure that some of my tourist attire could land me there, well, that and being obese and using an ECV. Count me out on liking this one too because they seem to have major attitude issues with those that don't care for them. Have you read their Hate Mail section? Have you read their Blog section?

People of Walmart may have more rude comments, but at least the people that run it do seem to have some sense of right and wrong that the People of the Parks folks just don't have. I won't be bookmarking it.

Tom Morrow

I had this idea!! I love PeopleOfWalmart.

But I agree with mickeysaver, only some of the people they have posted deserve to be on there. Most of the pictures on there seem to be people with an odd fashion sense, but not offensively odd.

Simply put: They don't get it and are just being mean for no reason for the most part.

raven

I had this idea!! I love PeopleOfWalmart.

But I agree with mickeysaver, only some of the people they have posted deserve to be on there. Most of the pictures on there seem to be people with an odd fashion sense, but not offensively odd.

Simply put: They don't get it and are just being mean for no reason for the most part.

I noticed the picture you posted. :animwink:

A couple of years ago I had a trip report thread that was locked for posting similar pictures. Someone accused me of following people to get their picture when in fact I snapped them as I went by and one family I even asked to take their photo. I even blured out the faces but certain members kept complaining about it until the thread was locked. Kinda funny now how everyone loves the idea.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
To be fair as this site proves, Disney has more than its fair share of window lickers in its fan base, so some of those images are not that surprising.

Still I suppose some will find some comfort laughing at others, such is their own shallow double bagger image.

And theres nowt wrong with loud shirts and pink strides, unless youve got a dose of the scoor.

memster

I think some were funny some were'nt. I just don't like making fun of over weight people not a nice site won't be going back there again.

WDW 3

I read some of the comments and hope there is someone deleting them if they are vulgar. There was one I read that was awful.

Avenger117

I don't like those kinds of sites and I really dislike that one even more because its "desecration on sacred ground"...ok that might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but its just tacky. I think most people should have grown out of making fun of others after middle school. I usually take advantage of every moment I have at Disney and definitely wouldn't waste my time taking pictures of some random person so I could put it on a site and make fun of them.

Bairstow

I don't like those kinds of sites and I really dislike that one even more because its "desecration on sacred ground"...ok that might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but its just tacky. I think most people should have grown out of making fun of others after middle school. I usually take advantage of every moment I have at Disney and definitely wouldn't waste my time taking pictures of some random person so I could put it on a site and make fun of them.

Fair enough, but would you consider someone's choice of dress to be an exercise of free speech in a public forum? Whether they mean to or not, they are communicating something about their lifestyle choices by the things they put on in a very public place, and to a certain degree this communication begs response.

Pumbas Nakasak

Fair enough, but would you consider someone's choice of dress to be an exercise of free speech in a public forum? Whether they mean to or not, they are communicating something about their lifestyle choices by the things they put on in a very public place, and to a certain degree this communication begs response.

In the spirit of free speech that is bollox.

LoriMistress

Agreed. You don't have to wear top designer clothing when going to the park, but at least look some-what presentable.

Avenger117

Really, free speech? I guess its an exercise of free speech, But there are alot of exercises of free speech that are rude and unnecessary. Whatever happened to people having hobbies? I just don't get the point of it I guess.

Little Princess

Being a youth, I'm blessed with the ability to wear completely flat flip flops and not hurting at all (of course, advil or a nice ride on the TTA would cure that), so I dont really think that flip flops are "taboo" to Disney. But I'm certainly not saying I'd wear heels (HAH Jersey Shore flashback)! Anyway, great site. We all need to learn to laugh at ourselves (I could provide plenty of embarrassing pictures from when I was 11.. lets just say I was rockin the mickey hats..):ROFLOL:

ddrongowski

Really, free speech? I guess its an exercise of free speech, But there are alot of exercises of free speech that are rude and unnecessary. Whatever happened to people having hobbies? I just don't get the point of it I guess.

For someone to have a hobby or hobbies, would require that someone to have some usable skill(s) and abilities. If you have no skills or abilities, then make fun of those who do. That way you can feel better about your own shortcommings.

Disney4Eva

The only disappointment I had in that site was to find out that it only had a few pages available :lol: Here's hoping for more updates soon. Interesting specimens such as these are part of why my family loves people-watching at the parks

sublimesting

It's easy to bash a site like that but how many people on here can honestly say that when they see a person like those featured on the "people of..." sites they don't at least have some sort of inner monologue/commentary going on? i can't believe some of those people would walk by any of you without some kind of snarky comment in your own head.

Pumbas Nakasak

[FONT=&quot]You are correct I am always laughing at the mongs on here and thats just based on their inane ramblings and fan boy dribblings far less the fact that many no doubt dress as if their mother picked their clothes, though Im sure that is actually the case for some, as they do seem special.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]But it confuses me, who gets to decide who is indeed a joke and who is down with their bad selves? Personally I have more time for those who have a mind of their own than the blend in and conform mob, who do seem scared when their conformity is challenged. Weirdo’s.[/FONT]

Nothing wrong with a kilt, if you are as awsome as I am. :animwink:

LoriMistress

The only disappointment I had in that site was to find out that it only had a few pages available :lol: Here's hoping for more updates soon. Interesting specimens such as these are part of why my family loves people-watching at the parks

We need everyone's help on this site to go through WDW/DLR pictures of previous vacations and check people in the backround of photos to see if there are any hidden train wrecks.

Buried20KLeague

[FONT=&quot]You are correct I am always laughing at the mongs on here and thats just based on their inane ramblings and fan boy dribblings far less the fact that many no doubt dress as if their mother picked their clothes, though Im sure that is actually the case for some, as they do seem special.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But it confuses me, who gets to decide who is indeed a joke and who is down with their bad selves? Personally I have more time for those who have a mind of their own than the blend in and conform mob, who do seem scared when their conformity is challenged. Weirdo’s.[/FONT]

Nothing wrong with a kilt, if you are as awsome as I am. :animwink:

Agreed, as long as you're not 6 or 7 steps ahead of me on a staircase! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom