People of the Parks website

Dubman

Mine are submitted.. Lets see which one they use!! It's kinda ironic that we were waiting to watch "Off Kilter" at the time!! :lol:

picture.php

picture.php

NiarrNDisney

I made a picture submission to People of the Parks as well! I'm guessing WDW Magic would rather I didnt post it here. Hopefully they will use it and if they do I will inform you as to which.

kirstenoel

These people are on vacation

Sorry if this has been said, but I can't be bothered to read through this many pages of compliments when the site really doesn;t deserve them. I looked at the photos...some are vile and deserved to be there.

I then read the description and thought yes there is the clue:

"These people are on vacation, visiting a place that hosts thousands of other people daily, and thought, “Wouldn’t this be NICE to wear to Disneyland?”"

LEt people wear what they like on vacation!!!! I really hate people making fun of others, especially when based on something as superficial as dress sense.... imagine if I did that! I'm English .... and to be quite frank... we think Americans have a weird dress sense anyway...so let it go!!!

sublimesting

I really hate people making fun of others, especially when based on something as superficial as dress sense.... imagine if I did that! I'm English .... and to be quite frank... we think Americans have a weird dress sense anyway...so let it go!!!

:rolleyes: A bit contradictory I'd say.

LilMommyBug

I don't like that site one bit, it is very un-Disney I don't agree with it at all. I feel bad for those people

I agree, and I would venture to guess that a lot of the people who are thinking it's so hilarious would end up on there if someone snapped a picture of them.

happymom52003

There is a pretty big difference between thinking something in your head and actually posting pics and making fun of people. We're only human...most of us find certain things offensive, gross, or weird...whether it is body piercings, tattoos, too much skin showing, undergarments showing, guys dressing like girls and vice versa, people who are either extremely overweight or underweight, outdated fashion styles, whatever....

We all see things about people that make us take a second look or make us wish we had not had a look in the first place...lol. And we all have thought things in our head or pointed out someone we find odd or funny to a friend/family member who is with us....but I think a line is crossed when:

A. You say something directly to a person or within earshot of them that is making fun of them.

B. You post pictures of them without their knowledge on a website where complete strangers can laugh and make rude comments.

But it happens all over the internet and in real life, and lots of people think it is funny. Kind of junior highish in my opinion, but to each his own.

Bairstow

So, looking at the pictures from the late '50s and early '60s the question occurs to me:
When and why did it occur to people to not try to look their best when going to an expensive theme park?

And you can't tell me that anyone on the "people of the park" website are trying to look "their best."
gp5.jpg

sublimesting

As I have said before we have a picture of my Dad sitting down with Minnie Mouse at EPCOT Center in the 80's. He is wearing very short shorts and is...commando. That picture deserves to be up on that site and would be if my Mom didn't castrate that portion of the picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom