News People mover now reopened!

donsullivan

Premium Member
'Back in the day', you'd solve the restart issue with 'Ralph Nader Bumper Guards' !! :)
There are already bumpers on the ends of the vehicle trains, but unfortunately people refuse to follow basic instructions to remain seated, so when a bump does occur someone falls and calls a lawyer. It’s an unfortunate result of our ‘no personal responsibility’ culture so Disney, now that they’ve been ‘made aware of the danger’ must prevent it or risk getting sued every single time it happens, which has been multiple times a day in recent years. Even though the frequency of it has increased dramatically due to guest behavior, the ambulance chasing lawyers will be all but waiting in line trying to catch the next one ‘injured’ to file the next negligence suit.

Fox&Hound

Tomorrowland is indeed a mess. It’s embarrassing, paint chips all over on the bridge going into TL, etc. The whole area needs to bulldozed and rebuilt. Minus Tron of course, and keep, but update, COP.
I agree. It has never bene my favorite land, but with Stitch gone (good riddance), MILF making no thematic sense, COP being a classic and yet also showing its age, and now this, it is just so..sad. If they cannot find a way to bring back the people mover it would be a HUGE loss. Such a wonderful, simple, enjoyable attraction.

Why can't they figure out tomorrow land? Why not lean more into the idea of out space and planetary travel? Why didn't the space restaurant getting built in Epcot not come here (I know....wait for it....lack of space). All too often it seems like Disney management does not understand its themed lands and distinctions between the parks and so when they end up in suffering lands they don't know how to pivot and bounce back.

montyz81

Didn't another well-loved attraction once have similar signs extending the refurbishment schedule? Look what happened to that:
1611861574009.png

(Sorry, it's my goto image)

PolynesianPrincess

There are already bumpers on the ends of the vehicle trains, but unfortunately people refuse to follow basic instructions to remain seated, so when a bump does occur someone falls and calls a lawyer. It’s an unfortunate result of our ‘no personal responsibility’ culture so Disney, now that they’ve been ‘made aware of the danger’ must prevent it or risk getting sued every single time it happens, which has been multiple times a day in recent years. Even though the frequency of it has increased dramatically due to guest behavior, the ambulance chasing lawyers will be all but waiting in line trying to catch the next one ‘injured’ to file the next negligence suit.

I am honestly surprised Disney didn't follow suit when they put lap bars on Splash and put seatbelts on TTA. It's EXTREMELY frustrating when the few dumb dumbs have to ruin the fun for those who actually follow the rules.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Didn't another well-loved attraction once have similar signs extending the refurbishment schedule? Look what happened to that:
View attachment 527402
(Sorry, it's my goto image)
Well we do have at least visual proof that it is cycling, and there are engineering people and operations CMs onsite. So I dont think are at that point yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You mean you don’t like the Rusty Rods in front of broken garbage pile aesthetic?

View attachment 527433
At least Space Mountain is white again.
I walked around it a few years ago and couldn’t help but feel so much potential amongst a wasteland. There’s so much wrong that could so easily and relatively easily be so right again with comparatively little outlay. It’s maddening.

I particularly love the care taken with the overhead track

C2CD93A8-6FEF-4B8B-8207-A8AC29066FF4.jpeg

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I walked around it a few years ago and couldn’t help but feel so much potential amongst a wasteland. There’s so much wrong that could so easily and relatively easily be so right again with comparatively little outlay. It’s maddening.

View attachment 527435
It's maddening.

I love Disneyland's Tomorrowland for the same reason I hate it - there's so much Disneyland history on display sitting out in the open.

The good news is there's a really fantastic antidote to this . . . put those things back to good use and let guests actually experience them. Then I would love seeing all the history AND get to actively enjoy it. Most of Tomorrowland's liabilities used to be assets, and could be assets again if they spent the money to bring things back online.

Do that, some light reskinning, and offer everything a fresh coat of paint and Disneyland's Tomorrowland could leapfrog the one at MK. Take it a step further by genuinely reimagining some of its current attractions and it would do so easily.

_caleb

View attachment 527435
I’ve wondered why they haven’t at least had some moving element running on DL’s old PeopleMover track. Not anything that would carry guests, but something for ambience, like few light-up robot AAs or fiberglass cars that make space-age engine noises or something? I know the track is damaged and employees aren’t allowed to walk on it, but it’s so strange they’ve just left it completely abandoned there like this all these years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve wondered why they haven’t at least had some moving element running on DL’s old PeopleMover track. Not anything that would carry guests, but something for ambience, like few light-up robot AAs or fiberglass cars that make space-age engine noises or something? I know the track is damaged and employees aren’t allowed to walk on it, but it’s so strange they’ve just left it completely abandoned there like this all these years.
They stuck lights and speakers on it. And hung Flags off it.

Whoot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom