News People mover now reopened!

Goofyernmost

My problem with this whole thing is the definition of "slamming" into each other. They always occasionally bumped into the back of some, not always but occasionally. Slamming implies a hefty bump as opposed to the light bumps that the boat rides normally have. Everyone just needs to pay attention to the rules and stop worrying about small things. If indeed they are hitting hard then, of course, they need to do something about it. Otherwise they are doing the same thing since the place opened up in 1971. It is the perfectionists that stop us from having nice things. Disney can and will do the same thing with the Peoplemover in WDW that they did in Disneyland. If your kid is standing up on the seat having parents that insist on ignoring the rules for their little snowflakes. Then blaming it on Disney. Caring more about a possible money settlement then the health and safety of their child, but hey you can always make another one of those little ankle biters.

Unbanshee

If indeed they are hitting hard then, of course, they need to do something about it. Otherwise they are doing the same thing since the place opened up in 1971.

Did you watch the video? They slammed into each other.

If they were testing a worse case scenario, you'd have to imagine this is unacceptable. This is what led to lawsuits years ago.

DoleWhipDrea

I will say that it doesn’t take much to get a herniated disc...with just enough of an impact and your body not in perfect alignment, you can end up in a lot of pain...

Disney doesn’t put up warning signs (regarding health-related at-risk people) for slow-moving attractions like this. As long as you remain seated with your hands and arms inside the vehicle, anyone should be able to ride.

I imagine that part of this bump testing is to ensure that if a bump *does* occur, it isn’t enough force to create serious harm to a rider that is following instructions but may be swerving their head around while enjoying the sights of Tomorrowland.

Goofyernmost

So wait, you're saying the what ever contact existed was intentional and a testing process to adjust the timing or whatever else has to happen to minimize any injuries? If so, why are we even talking about it. It is a test to determine the degree of adjustment that is necessary. It's like running cars into walls to see what degree of speed is necessary to cause maximum damage, injury so more work can be done to make it safer. So, like I said, why are we talking about it like it is some kind of mechanical flaw if it was planned?

cookiee_munster

is it not possible to just fill up the track with them like the omnimover system and have them travelling at a regulated speed?

EDIT - i take it from peoples "lol" reactions that its toooooootally not possible :p *goes and sits in corner with D hat*

Last edited:

legwand77

Seems like this would be unacceptable then. This is the same (worse?) than before the closure. No progress

The testing is most likely to "dial in" various parameters to prevent collision. For example SpaceX just ran a test a few weeks ago on the Starship crew capsule. It exploded upon landing but was a very successful test, and a huge progress, but to some who are not part of the testing it looked like a complete failure. This is why you test.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Definitely disappointing. This is honestly a top 3 attraction for me and something we do every single trip to the MK. I hope they get this car bumping issue worked out soon so I can enjoy a concussion-free ride around TL in May. :)

celluloid

All the live venues, no Railroad and other things cut, incuding Peoplemover and other stagnet operations,I certainly would not visit.
Less crowd for those there I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom