News People mover now reopened!

donsullivan

Premium Member
As much as I want this open I’d still prefer it to open with updates to the show scenes. Will that happen? Probably not lol.
My understanding was this effort is a 'break-fix' to resolve the train bumping on restart issue that triggered an injury lawsuit last year. If true, I would not expect any show element updates at all this time around. They are focused solely on fixing the vehicle bumping on a restart following that injury suit.

kbmum

Peoplemover is doing test runs right now with empty cars.

Attachments

• 5676DD42-4614-46FE-A309-2291DD59BF67.jpeg
    5676DD42-4614-46FE-A309-2291DD59BF67.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 227

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

I don't really understand the lawsuits on this when the "collisions" have the same force and whiplash as one would expect running through a rollercoaster's trim breaks. I guess because it's not expected? I can't imagine the collision would cause bodily harm but perhaps I'm mistaken.

A fix for this that immediately spring to mind would be to add rocket rod-esque bumpers in the event of a bump and disclose to guests that such an event could occur for liability reasons. (Don't they already do this?) Alternatively, would it be feasible to just make it continuous like an omnimover or would that be too difficult to pull off.

Last edited:

Squishy

I don't really understand the lawsuits on this when the "collisions" have the same force and whiplash as one would expect running through a rollercoaster's trim breaks. I guess because it's not expected? I can't imagine the collision would cause bodily harm but perhaps I'm mistaken.

A fix for this that immediately spring to mind would be to add rocket rod-esque bumpers in the event of a collision and disclose to guests that such an event could occur for liability reasons. (Don't they already do this?) Alternatively, would it be feasible to just make it continuous like an omnimover or would that be too difficult to pull off.
I'm guessing not expected & the fact that you are not strapped in.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

A fix for this that immediately spring to mind would be to add rocket rod-esque bumpers in the event of a collision and disclose to guests that such an event could occur for liability reasons. (Don't they already do this?) Alternatively, would it be feasible to just make it continuous like an omnimover or would that be too difficult to pull off.
They already have bumpers.

I wouldn’t say it’s good, bad, heavy or light, but having been in a static car and “bumped” the impact would be enough to say knock a child who shouldn’t be standing on the seat to fall. I’d assume they could fall backwards. If it’s the rear seat they’re stood on you could guess what could happen. Not that I condone unsupervised children on a WEDway or standing up etc etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom