Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

JoeCamel

Perhaps the wood behind the caulk was rotting from a leak or they got lazy and tried to spread the caulk over some sort of tape. It's not like the rest of the caulking has a professional look to it. It's just some silicone (or siliconized latex) caulk trying to patch an overall embarrassingly bad installation/repair.
Sounds like a job for....
Perry_the_Platypus.png

Agent P

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

So you are saying you think the hole was deliberately created at the point of installation?
NO. Others are saying the hole is from installation, most assuming there should be a hole behind the bill of the toilet. I am saying that there should not be a hole, that most of the wall behind the fixture should be solid and that a hole from installation would not just be poor work, but incredibly poor work.
The hole is at the very back of the toilet, well behind where anyone would place their, well, behind.
You could see most of the stall from there, especially if something like a camera was used.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
NO. Others are saying the hole is from installation, most assuming there should be a hole behind the bill of the toilet. I am saying that there should not be a hole, that most of the wall behind the fixture should be solid and that a hole from installation would not just be poor work, but incredibly poor work.
The condition of the caulk would tell me that "incredibly poor work" is well within the realm of possibility.

lazyboy97o

The condition of the caulk would tell me that "incredibly poor work" is well within the realm of possibility.
The sealant would easily help conceal the hole, or be a lousy job at fixing it. It is the last thing done and easily replaced. It doesn’t tel us about earlier steps of installation that was most likely by others.

ImperfectPixie

I can't possibly tell either way from a quick video. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But, in this world there seem to be a lot more non-cigars happening to women than to men. 'Is it my imagination or did...'
Yup. I've been snapped out of enjoying a lovely day by a catcall or some guy saying something sleazy enough times in my lifetime that no small hole in a bathroom wall will ever look innocent to me...especially when light can be seen through said hole.

LittleBuford

Can you clarify at what point, and by whom, you think the peephole would have been created? Your last reply to me suggested you don't believe it can have been drilled from backstage, yet you also seem resistant to the idea that it was created by the person installing it. I'm trying to understand your hypothesis.

You could see most of the stall from there, especially if something like a camera was used.
I would say only if something like a camera was used. I really don't see how an upward-facing hole at the very back of the toilet could afford a peeping Tom any sort of view of the toilet's user. To judge from the still below, it would be pretty much impossible to see anything without the aid of some sort of device.

22DFFA84-4CE2-4083-8182-D0742E32512D.jpeg

lazyboy97o

Can you clarify at what point, and by whom, you think the peephole would have been created? Your last reply to me suggested you don't believe it can have been drilled from backstage, yet you also seem resistant to the idea that it was created by the person installing it. I'm trying to understand your hypothesis.
Some time after after installation it would be very easy to walk up to the toilet and drill a hole right at that spot. No need to do it from the chase. Just right there, straight in. It would take all of a few minutes to drill a hole and even try to conceal it with sealant.

LittleBuford

Some time after after installation it would be very easy to walk up to the toilet and drill a hole right at that spot. No need to do it from the chase. Just right there, straight in. It would take all of a few minutes to drill a hole and even try to conceal it with sealant.
Thank you for clarifying.

donaldtoo

Did anyone else originally read the thread title as…
“Peehole in Epcot bathroom?”…? :cyclops:

ETA…You guys posted while I was typing…!!!!! :hilarious:

Casper Gutman

Do we have any more info on this? We have an army of vloggers traipsing through the parks day-in and day-out and this is a viral story with political ramifications - no one took the initiative to investigate?

celluloid

Do we have any more info on this? We have an army of vloggers traipsing through the parks day-in and day-out and this is a viral story with political ramifications - no one took the initiative to investigate?

It is sitll there and will probably continue to be there until the bathroom fixtures or building is completely redone.

ImperfectPixie

I showed hubby the video and the schematic, and told him about the situation that occurred at DHS, as well as the comments here...he thinks it's a peephole.

ETA: He's a flooring installer, but also sometimes does wall tiles, and works in both residential and commercial properties.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom