Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Perhaps the wood behind the caulk was rotting from a leak or they got lazy and tried to spread the caulk over some sort of tape. It's not like the rest of the caulking has a professional look to it. It's just some silicone (or siliconized latex) caulk trying to patch an overall embarrassingly bad installation/repair.
Yeah I think this is a botched install and repair, and nothing more sinister.

lazyboy97o

So are people suggesting that a peephole was actually created at the point of installation?
Who is suggesting that?
Perhaps the wood behind the caulk was rotting from a leak or they got lazy and tried to spread the caulk over some sort of tape. It's not like the rest of the caulking has a professional look to it. It's just some silicone (or siliconized latex) caulk trying to patch an overall embarrassingly bad installation/repair.
Why would there be wood? The wall is steel studs on a concrete curb covered with moisture resistant gypsum board and tile to meet wet wall requirements.

LittleBuford

Who is suggesting that?

Why would there be wood? The wall is steel studs on a concrete curb covered with moisture resistant gypsum board and tile to meet wet wall requirements.
Then I misunderstood. Is the claim, rather, that some of the materials behind the hole were removed backstage subsequent to the installation?

Beacon Joe

Sounds like how we repaired damage to freshman dorm rooms before move-out. Fill holes w/ chewing gum, apply tape, then paint over the hole. And voila, no end of year damage charges.

LittleBuford

The hole looks up, not across at the person using the toilet. The most one could see from it is the ceiling and perhaps the metal bar behind the toilet.
A visual to accompany my earlier point:

SdmXIFNgvTsjrTCg.jpg

lazyboy97o

Then I misunderstood. Is the claim, rather, that some of the materials behind the hole were removed backstage subsequent to the installation?
My argument is that a hole in that location would not just be shoddy installation but incredibly shoddy installation accepted and approved by multiple parties. Making a hole after installation requires an electric drill.

LittleBuford

My argument is that a hole in that location would not just be shoddy installation but incredibly shoddy installation accepted and approved by multiple parties. Making a hole after installation requires an electric drill.
So you are saying you think the hole was deliberately created at the point of installation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom