Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The Skipper Canteen opening up in Adventureland will be table service at dinner but counter service at lunch, correct? If so, that will help some at lunch but yes, I agree with others about Tortuga Tavern needing to be opened year round.

French Quarter

You pretty much sum up why they had to do away with the 'fixins bar'. It's always a few tacky people that spoil it for the majority. We were eating at Pecos Bill's when we saw several people sitting down at the next table with no meal purchase at all.....just plates full of 'fixings'. :-(

I agree with you that some people are animals. However, I was reading something very interesting about this very thing not that long ago. Even if everyone went to a toppings bar and overdid it and a certain number even stole lunch from it, it is still cheaper to offer the toppings bar than it is to have the burgers dressed in the kitchen. While employees are required in restocking and cleaning the toppings bar, more employees would be required to do it the other way in the kitchen. This is not necessarily true in all establishments but it is especially true in busy establishments where there is a push to serve customers quickly.

I would say the removal of toppings bars in general has more to do with sanitation and safety. (Think hot cheese.) And if they do get rid of it at Pecos, it's likely because they decided to go a different direction thematically.

That all being said, who knows if they will get rid of the toppings bar or not. Maybe they will use it for the new offerings. And do we actually know for sure yet that the burger won't be a menu option?

I'll miss the pulled pork. Is there any place in MK that is serving this item?

They will still have it at Cosmic Ray's, no?

And there are a number of places outside of MK to get one and a couple of those are a short boat/monorail ride away at the Poly and WL.

JeffH

When I wanted a burger (or pulled pork) I went to PB, it just seemed the right place for it.
and it was always crowded and many times needed crowd control.
Tortuga served this stuff and could only survive part-time
IMHO they are doing this to reduce the crowds.
When I eat at Cosmic Rays I generally get the Philly Steak, so this isn't a burger option for me.
So now there are no burger joints in the Magic Kingdom...
I liked things the way they were.

With so many food options at Disney World, I usually avoid the traditional burgers/hot dogs, however burgers at Pecos Bills has been a tradition since the park opened for me.

Epcot82Guy

I'm excited about the menu content and adding more options to MK. But, count me in the Pecos Bill tradition camp. I'll admit the quality has slipped over the last couple of years. But, I still enjoy it. And, the amount of "seasonal" operation spots is what makes this frustrating. We really should be able to have both. Maybe they'll retool Tortuga into interesting burger and chicken sandwich flavors (which actually could fit the theme well). Wishful thinking...

French Quarter

I'm honestly feel like Disney is running some kind of test: "Do hordes of people come to this restaurant because of burgers and fries, or do they just come to this location?".

Of course most people go because of the location. The majority of people aren't seeking it out. They just happen to be hungry and walking by. I think we forget that Disney fans like those on this thread are not the typical park visitor.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Of course most people go because of the location. The majority of people aren't seeking it out. They just happen to be hungry and walking by. I think we forget that Disney fans like those on this thread are not the typical park visitor.
exactly. You're hungry in Frontierland ad you see Pecos and you go eat haha.

I might be in the majority who makes plans on which counter service to eat each day along with with my ADRs haha

Cosmic Commando

They have those very short descriptions for counter service restaurants on the map (or did?); I think even the stereotypical stupid guest that we talk about here might look at the map to see what they want to eat.

French Quarter

They have those very short descriptions for counter service restaurants on the map (or did?); I think even the stereotypical stupid guest that we talk about here might look at the map to see what they want to eat.

I don't think it's that people are stupid. Not at all. I just think that a lot of them don't really care when they are on vacation. They are hungry; they see a place to eat; they go there...unless it is really not the type of food they like and then they keep walking until they come across the next restaurant. I just don't think that the average guest is making the trek across the park or even to a different land just to eat lunch.

FigmentForver96

Honest to God truth it is not like I didn't mind the burgers, but they were awful. I am just glad to see a more unique menu rather then the same crap I can buy around the corner.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's great to have some more counter service food in MK outside of the general burger and pizza deal! I don't believe there are any mexican food options in MK... Am I wrong? Is there one in Adventureland or something?

The only place I know of is the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot..

lazyboy97o

It's great to have some more counter service food in MK outside of the general burger and pizza deal! I don't believe there are any mexican food options in MK... Am I wrong? Is there one in Adventureland or something?

The only place I know of is the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot..
Tortura Tavern, right next door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom