Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

Jon81uk

I was able to make something sort of resembling a bad facsimile of a 5 Guys burger, though at twice the price

Over here a regular five guys cheeseburger is about £8 which is about $12 without the fries. Always seems strange when someone in the US uses it as a cheap comparison

jaklgreen

Ohhh the Jamaican beef patty and some jerk chicken would be awesome! Is mine the only family that does not eat burgers at WDW? We rather have the rotisserie chicken from CR. The burgers are just nasty in the parks(except Sci Fi).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That availability could be changed if Disney just decided to change it.

I can understand that some people may not want table service, though. Similar to how the Mexican pavilion has a mexican restaurant inside that is table service and outside that is counter service.

lazyboy97o

I can understand that some people may not want table service, though. Similar to how the Mexican pavilion has a mexican restaurant inside that is table service and outside that is counter service.
What does table service have to do with this? Tortuga Tavern is not table service.

shipley731

Is mine the only family that does not eat burgers at WDW? We rather have the rotisserie chicken from CR. The burgers are just nasty in the parks(except Sci Fi).
No your family is not the only one. It's probably been 8 or 9 years since I've had a QS burger at WDW. I avoid them; the last one I had was disgusting. DH will occasionally have one, but it's been several years. At MK, we generally eat at Columbia Harbor House, AK is Flame Tree, we generally avoid QS at DHS, and Epcot we have several "go-to's". Generally none of the places we frequent offer burgers.

betty rose

No your family is not the only one. It's probably been 8 or 9 years since I've had a QS burger at WDW. I avoid them; the last one I had was disgusting. DH will occasionally have one, but it's been several years. At MK, we generally eat at Columbia Harbor House, AK is Flame Tree, we generally avoid QS at DHS, and Epcot we have several "go-to's". Generally none of the places we frequent offer burgers.
I tried a burger after many years not getting one. I took one bite and threw it away, it had a lot of gristle in it. Yucky!

betty rose

Ohhh the Jamaican beef patty and some jerk chicken would be awesome! Is mine the only family that does not eat burgers at WDW? We rather have the rotisserie chicken from CR. The burgers are just nasty in the parks(except Sci Fi).
What is in a Jamaican beef patty, as far as seasonings? I've never had one. I found the ingredients in another post, thanks anyway!

French Quarter

This makes me sad. Pecos Bill had the best burgers (and other goodies) this side of the Rio Grande. I favored it over other places for years - decades even.

Well I love tex mex and we often visit the place across from Pirates. BUT for us, the whole thing about Pecos Bills was the burgers with the fixins bar.... This will completely kill it for us...

Can someone please explain this to me? How are the burgers at Pecos any different than Cosmic Ray's? I have had both multiple times and they taste exactly the same to me. Add to that that Cosmic Ray's has a toppings bar and it's the same darn thing.

I can understand complaining that you now have to walk to the other side of the park for a burger but complaining that they are taking away the burger option at MK seems silly to me. They aren't taking it away...IT IS STILL THERE...just not at Pecos.

So why clone Tortuga Tavern's menu? This is silly.

As someone else said, they very well could be changing the menu at Tortuga. They may have realized that the offerings there are more desirable to people and wanted to put them in a larger venue to accommodate the crowds.

That being said, they aren't exactly duplicating the menu. The menu at Tortuga is quite small and what they have announced for Pecos new menu seems a little different to me. Yes, it is the same type of food but it may or may not be the exact same items done the exact same way. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Jon81uk

But that's not replacing Tortuga Tavern and it doesn't seem it is set to mimic it's menu either.

I think someone got confused about Tortuga and mixed it up. Tortuga will remain counter service (as far as we know).
Skippers Cantina will be a new table service.

BoarderPhreak

Can someone please explain this to me? How are the burgers at Pecos any different than Cosmic Ray's? I have had both multiple times and they taste exactly the same to me. Add to that that Cosmic Ray's has a toppings bar and it's the same darn thing.

I can understand complaining that you now have to walk to the other side of the park for a burger but complaining that they are taking away the burger option at MK seems silly to me. They aren't taking it away...IT IS STILL THERE...just not at Pecos...

No doubt the burgers and fixin's bar at CR is the same as PB. I never said that they weren't. However, I find PB to be themed more nicely, smaller and quieter than CR and I also enjoy the other menu options (e.g. pulled pork sandwich). As for taking away burger options... They ARE. Plain and simple. Now there's one less place to get one. Whether or not that affects actual restaurant attendance, who knows. Surely at least a little.

And as for the menu mimicry, time will indeed tell. Right now, the scant details make it sound like they're identical. But yes, TT is a joke - it's hardly ever open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom