Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

RSoxNo1

I have a better idea. Leave pecos as is and do this new menu at tortuga and have it open year round. Or how about adding menu choices to some of what is already there and not take away the things like burgers BBQ or taco salads that were popular
Pecos menu right now is awful. Bring back the Teriyaki burger, Chicken wrap, Taco Salad and full salad bar, open Tortuga Tavern full time and you've improved dining at MK significantly. Having said that. This is still a positive step. Pecos' menu sucks right now.

Communicore

Lets be upfront, the burgers at CS places through disney are disgusting. The base is the nasty burger and the toppings do not make it better (it just makes a the burger more expensive). So I welcome this change, but I do hope they keep the topping bar. Just give me fajita meat and i can get as many onions and peppers as I want.
The burgers were juicier and more tantalizing back then. Now it's indeed bland and generic.

French Quarter

I am quite happy about the changes. They sound much more interesting to me than what was there.

We don't know if they are getting rid of the burger or not (as far as I know) but I saw absolutely no difference between the burger at Pecos and at Cosmic Ray's. Why would you need the same food in two places?

For those who are saying they are doing this because they are jumping on the healthy bandwagon, though, I think you are mistaken. Nothing about the fast food versions of those menu items is healthy. And I'm fine with that. Vacation and all that.

MuteSuperstar

They desperately need to upgrade the typical counter service burger across WDW. They are awful.
The flatbread pizzas were a nice step up from the old pizza, now let's do something about the burgers. It can't be that difficult.
A smaller version of the delicious Sci Fi Dine In Burger, maybe?

AEfx

Believe me, you're preaching to the choir here. Last year we had to deal with a queued line out the door at Pecos (in what wasn't an especially crowded day), and the impossible task of finding seating at dinner time. There clearly is demand to open additional locations, but they've made the decision to prioritize "operational efficiency" over "guest service".

Thing is, it's not even that difficult - they don't need to open additional locations, just open and staff the ones they do have. There are several "seasonal" places that aren't open very much, and in general the places that are open, the hours of food operation are rather limited compared to park hours, particularly at the MK. They open late and close way too early.

If they started serving earlier you wouldn't have the huge lines at 11:30 when most everyone is starting to get hungry, and if they were open later, you wouldn't have the ridiculous rush at the few if any open places. BoG biggest problem, for example, isn't capacity it is that it has such limited hours. And I love a hot dog at Casey's as much as anyone, but the reason there is an hour line at park close is because it's the last chance people have for hot food, especially if they are captive on property (as Disney intends). It's either wait in line at Casey's or eat out of the vending machine back at the resort.

For as much as a cash cow food is for Disney, I think they'd find if they increased operating hours the expense would be less than what they'd end up getting in more diners and much better guest satisfaction with dining in the parks.

raymusiccity

Bye bye free salads and mushrooms.

You pretty much sum up why they had to do away with the 'fixins bar'. It's always a few tacky people that spoil it for the majority. We were eating at Pecos Bill's when we saw several people sitting down at the next table with no meal purchase at all.....just plates full of 'fixings'. :-(

This is exactly what happened at the Polynesian, when too many customers tried to see how high they could pile their Dole Whips. That resulted in the elimination of self service.

People who kept clinging to their 'lifetime refillable mugs' met a similar fate.

Wonder what will be victimized next?!

spectromagic04

You pretty much sum up why they had to do away with the 'fixins bar'. It's always a few tacky people that spoil it for the majority. We were eating at Pecos Bill's when we saw several people sitting down at the next table with no meal purchase at all.....just plates full of 'fixings'. :-(

This is exactly what happened at the Polynesian, when too many customers tried to see how high they could pile their Dole Whips. That resulted in the elimination of self service.

People who kept clinging to their 'lifetime refillable mugs' met a similar fate.

Wonder what will be victimized next?!
Can't people still use their old refillable mugs because in June I was still seeing people use old mugs at Pop Century.

Adam N

My only fear is that if they do get rid of the burger, the only place to serve them is Cosmic's. They are going to be eviscerated with guests. South American guests are typically always looking to eat a burger. They will be mobbed. It would be really cool if Cosmic Ray's could become a really good burger place. Like get awesome patties and up the ante about seven or eight notches. Do different colored foods. Make it futuristic somehow on the cheap. That would blow my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom