Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

ToTBellHop

Except it sounds like the new Pecos Bill menu is very similar to the Tortuga Tavern menu that isn't popular enough for Disney to keep that half of the restaurant open...
Years of the MK being unwilling to keep its counter service locations open despite long lines elsewhere have nothing to do with a lack of popularity and everything to do with management ineptitude. Thankfully, change is in the air on that front.

disney4life2008

Can't say that there's anything other than good about this change, those burgers are freaking terrible, and this will actually be marginally thematically appropriate.

Lets be upfront, the burgers at CS places through disney are disgusting. The base is the nasty burger and the toppings do not make it better (it just makes a the burger more expensive). So I welcome this change, but I do hope they keep the topping bar. Just give me fajita meat and i can get as many onions and peppers as I want.

Animaniac93-98

Lets be upfront, the burgers at CS places through disney are disgusting.

Agreed, and I would add that most of the fast food in Disney theme parks is lousy. I like the table service and buffet food, but how hard is it to get something like chicken nuggets and fries right?

Anything that brings more variety and/or quality to counter service restaurants is a plus.

NearTheEars

You would be surprised. That "Healthy" steak burrito from Chipotle with just the normal fixings comes in at a little over 1300 calories. You can punch it up to 1800 with just a few tweaks.

A 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger at 5 Guys with absolutely everything they have in the building comes in at 1050.

Always get a bowl at Chipotle and Moe's. Not getting that big tortilla goes a long way.
But as soon as you start heaping on cheese, sour cream and guacamole it's all over.

Jon81uk

Agreed, and I would add that most of the fast food in Disney theme parks is lousy. I like the table service and buffet food, but how hard is it to get something like chicken nuggets and fries right?

Anything that brings more variety and/or quality to counter service restaurants is a plus.

We had some great counter service meals at DisneyLand, I'm not sure why one coast can get it right and the other struggles.

Cosmic Commando

Years of the MK being unwilling to keep its counter service locations open despite long lines elsewhere have nothing to do with a lack of popularity and everything to do with management ineptitude. Thankfully, change is in the air on that front.
I know that MK could support more counter service places than it does, but if they wanted to serve a menu of burritos and rice bowls... they literally could just open up the other side of Pecos Bill's (Tortuga Tavern)!

Here's Tortuga Tavern's menu:
  • Beef Burrito
    filled with Cilantro Rice and Black Beans
    $9.49
  • Chicken Burrito
    $9.49
  • Vegetarian Burrito
    $9.49
  • Beef Rice Bowl
    $11.49
  • Chicken Rice Bowl
    $11.49
  • Vegetarian Rice Bowl
    $11.49
  • Southwest Chicken Salad
    $10.99

Prince-1

Except it sounds like the new Pecos Bill menu is very similar to the Tortuga Tavern menu that isn't popular enough for Disney to keep that half of the restaurant open...

There are similarities but Tortuga Tavern is hard to find and is not so prominent in location as Pecos Bills and the Chipotle sensation wasn't around when Tortuga was opened so if the new Pecos is trying to copy Chipotle then I think it will be a big hit. I mean why just serve the same crappy burgers when you can be served brand new crappy burritos. Because let's be honest...most of the CS at the MK ain't that good no matter what.

ToTBellHop

There are similarities but Tortuga Tavern is hard to find and is not so prominent in location as Pecos Bills and the Chipotle sensation wasn't around when Tortuga was opened so if the new Pecos is trying to copy Chipotle then I think it will be a big hit. I mean why just serve the same crappy burgers when you can be served brand new crappy burritos. Because let's be honest...most of the CS at the MK ain't that good no matter what.
I actually find the burritos at tortuga to be fine. Same caliber as Chipotle or Moe's, especially with Pecos Bill's fixins. Some people have unreasonable expectations of theme park food. I find Disney's to routinely be better than the slop at Universal or Six Flags. And usually cheaper.

sheriffwoody

We'll be arriving the day they start the refurb. I'll try to remember to go by when they reopen and try something new (so I can include it in my trip report). I like the idea of the food being more on theme!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom