Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

ninjaprincesst

If it was real Mexican food I would be all for it but if it's the Chipoltle type gross stuff, which it sounds like it is, the MK isnow going to be down one more decent quick service. I have tried and triedto like this type of food but unseasoned bland food is just gross. Can't we just leave stuff alone and stop trying to make everything healthy?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
First they took my plastic cheese, then they took my fixings bar, but they'll have to pry my burger from my cold dead hands.

1221-heston-gun.jpg

Come save us Donald Trump! (I mean Duck) Make Disney Great again!

MissM

Boo. I think part of the problem is that burgers & fries will always be a popular option. And sometimes, Cosmic Rays is SO PACKED you can't get in there. Pecos offered a secondary burger option. Also, it was one at each end of the park.

Now if you want a burger it has to be Cosmic Rays? Because Pinocchio doesn't do them, Harbor House doesn't do them, and none of the smaller places like Casey's, Gaston's nor Lunching Pad offer them either.

More options in general isn't a bad thing but taking the entire park down to just one place to get a burger is kind of a logistics nightmare.

djkidkaz

I disagree. You can't allow people to choose their toppings while in line at a theme park. People want more of this, less of that, yada yada. It just holds up the line. I don't expect this to be anything like chipotle, but more like tortuga tavern.

Since I was 4 years old, the first meal and last meal of the trip has always been Pecos. I didn't like them doing away with the taco salads, but I dealt with it. I didn't like the disappearance of the hot melted cheese (Pecos and Casey's!), and I dealt with it. But dang, this is a hit to the gut! I know it's a generic Disney burger, but the place and menu is full of sentimental value. The new menu sounds nice, I'll adapt to keep my tradition going, but I'll miss a good ole Pecos burger! Regardless of what is on the menu, just to be eating in the Magic Kingdom makes it special it its own right.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Believe me, you're preaching to the choir here. Last year we had to deal with a queued line out the door at Pecos (in what wasn't an especially crowded day), and the impossible task of finding seating at dinner time. There clearly is demand to open additional locations, but they've made the decision to prioritize "operational efficiency" over "guest service".

Yup - which truly SUCKS!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You would be surprised. That "Healthy" steak burrito from Chipotle with just the normal fixings comes in at a little over 1300 calories. You can punch it up to 1800 with just a few tweaks.

A 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger at 5 Guys with absolutely everything they have in the building comes in at 1050.

Less if you skip the bun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom