Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
WondersOfLife, you probably didn't realize Tortuga existed because of its limited availability. I finally got to eat there after 20 plus visits. You have to just catch it right (peak season and 11-3 I believe).

I didn't know about it! Still, with that limited availability you mentioned, it's nice to have the option to eat mexican without trying to work within that time slot!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I didn't know about it! Still, with that limited availability you mentioned, it's nice to have the option to eat mexican without trying to work within that time slot!
Around 2006, Tortuga Tavern was named El Pirata y El Piraco and open almost year round. It was the favorite counter service fo my wife and I. I miss it being open. The seating is sorat limited but nice quiet area.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Skipper Canteen opening up in Adventureland will be table service at dinner but counter service at lunch, correct? If so, that will help some at lunch but yes, I agree with others about Tortuga Tavern needing to be opened year round.
Table Service all the time as far as I know. I can't imagine it would be anywhere near large enough to be quick service.

Jon81uk

So why clone Tortuga Tavern's menu? This is silly.

Tortuga Tavern is hardly ever open. I also assume they are going to change the menu at Tortuga. It also makes sense to have more different options all year, Cosmic Rays already offers burgers. Maybe Tortuga could offers burgers seasonally.

Next Big Thing

Tortuga Tavern is hardly ever open. I also assume they are going to change the menu at Tortuga. It also makes sense to have more different options all year, Cosmic Rays already offers burgers. Maybe Tortuga could offers burgers seasonally.
Tortuga is open every day for lunch, 11-3. Not long, but it is open every day for about a year or two now.

Bairstow

I had a burger from Pecos Bill's with all the fixin' bar stuff last July and I honestly can't see what everyone's missing here. It's a low-grade frozen beef patty of the sort one would find at a school cafeteria. With all the sauteed mushrooms and stuff I was able to dump on it, I was able to make something sort of resembling a bad facsimile of a 5 Guys burger, though at twice the price.
A change from this would be welcome.

Next Big Thing

It is still somewhat seasonal. It has been closed for the whole of September, and has opened up today for the Pecos refurb.
I guess it may still close occasionally (I don't pay much attention anymore), but it is definitely open more than it is closed of late (of course 11-3 is hardly "open"... pretty much just overflow lunch crowd from Pecos).

disney4life2008

That would rule. Jamaican patties really are an ideal theme park food, and it's not hard to get pre-made frozen patties in bulk. It's odd more companies haven't tried this as an option.
It does kind of bug me that there's no Caribbean food to be had at Caribbean plaza.

Dollar Tree actually sells the patties and I have heard good things about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom