Park Closed Early due to crowds

DisneyGigi

Thanks. That makes me feel much better. We are staying on property. I have no idea what kind of tickets we have other than they are park hoppers (we are very lucky that my parents are paying for their 4 adult children). This is our first family vacation in almost a decade so I would hate for us not to get to enjoy it to its fullest. But we will be there for 8 days...I can't image that it will be this bad for the full trip.

If I can give you hint of advice, if it is crowded enough to be shut down you are better off going to one of the other parks on those days, When we went the other parks were nowhere near as bad as MK. (MK was the only one that shut down) The crowds should drop after Sunday when school break is over. :wave:

It seems like from yesterday till thursday it's very busy and the following days aren't busy. I always go the saturday after thanksgiving. Everyone goes home and the park isn't that busy... Or I hope it's still like that this year.:lookaroun

lawyergirl77

We just got back from WDW yesterday night (late at night) and I don't doubt that they hit some sort of phase today and will continue to do so over the next few days. I've been to WDW during peak times before (Christmas, July) but I have NEVER seen it that busy!! It has been chaos, pandemonium and badly behaved toddlers everywhere!!

And FWIW, while I was checking out at the AKL yesterday, the lady next to me was told that they had zero availability in ANY category until Monday!! :eek:

lilclerk

I have to say, it kinda stinks that they kick out the people who didn't buy the hoppers first...
I think it's because someone with a hopper could have already been in a park, while someone without it is just showing up for the day.

The Mom

Premium Member
I have to say, it kinda stinks that they kick out the people who didn't buy the hoppers first...

If the park is full, it's full. No point in trying to squeeze in more people, as it would become extremely dangerous. (Does anyone else remember deaths due to crowds at concerts, etc? )

Tinkerbella16

We went last year the week before Thanksgiving. It was GREAT.(The week of Veteran's day). We went this year at the same time...the crowds were much bigger! Even the fastpass lines were long. Guess I have to find another "slow time" to go. I overheard someone saying that the week before Thanksgiving is now considered to be a busy time of year.

We also went the week before thanksgiving last year and this year also. I didnt think the crowds were bad at all this year. I thought it was really nice, on saturday we were leaving to come home, you could really tell it was going to be so crowded....so many people were coming in!!!

I love going the week before thanksgiving. The weather was beautiful everyday last week!

longlivewalt

I'm kind of new..never posted before, but i thought it was necessary to give some news...

We're meeting relatives in Disney tomorrow, and we just received a call from them saying they closed MK at 10am due to the overcrowding as it was a fire hazard...

this might put a damper on our plans as well as some of yours...

Happens more then people think.

Sam02

This trend of the parks getting busier and busier is just like the trend I have seen in regards to movies. 20+ years ago my family started a new tradition of going to see a movie Christmas night. At that time we typically were the ONLY people in the theater. Once we had to go out and remind the workers to start the movie. Today, Christmas has become a huge opening day for movies and theaters are packed. The trend to stay at home and be with family has turned into going someplace for a holiday. I foresee that someday this trend will reverse and once again WDW will be not as busy during the holiday season.

CrashNet

There is a silver lining though...at least from what I remember from 2005 there is...

After the Thanksgiving weekend all the kids head back to school for a couple more weeks before the big holiday break. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas the parks are DEAD. Most everything is walk-on (sans the big e-ticket rides.)

Anyone go between Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2006? Was it as I'm describing? I ask because I plan to be down there Dec 5th-10th.

hrcollectibles

the single best day ever to go the MK is super bowl sunday!! no crowds, no lines!! it's great!!:sohappy:

Ummmm Your supposed to go to Disney AFTER you win the Superbowl not during lol.... I had the mis fortune of being at disney while The colts were whippin butt in the super bowl... luckily I made it back to the hotel (pop) and watche dit.. It was great I was the loan person cheering for the colts...lol

Eyekimore

Just talked to my brother who is in the world now. He spent today at the MK and he knew nothing of the park being at capacity. He said it was crowded- but he's seen worse. In fact- dirty rotten brother sent me video of my neice and nephew screaming their heads off on BTMR in the car behind him. I'm so jealous!!!! Dec. 26th- here I come. (New Year's will probably be at capacity- it usually is.......)

mrerk

Premium Member
There is a silver lining though...at least from what I remember from 2005 there is...

After the Thanksgiving weekend all the kids head back to school for a couple more weeks before the big holiday break. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas the parks are DEAD. Most everything is walk-on (sans the big e-ticket rides.)

Anyone go between Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2006? Was it as I'm describing? I ask because I plan to be down there Dec 5th-10th.

We used to fly down the day after Thanksgiving and come home the following weekend. Thanksgiving day weekend would be busy and then it would taper off Monday. Over time the day that the crowds began tapering off has gotten later and later to the point where we now avoid the whole following week. The 2-3 weeks between the beginning of December the week before Christmas are the best.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom