Park Closed Early due to crowds

kucarachi

Why dont they add on to the magic kingdom theN? They cant build out too far but they can build up. Why not put a huge concert hall like they have in DCA somewhere in the park towards the back. You could keep at least a thousand people if not more off the streets every couple of hours...or during the holidays have special christmas shows such as mickey's christmas carol or even sing a longs with the disney characters....there is room if you ditched tom sawers island...of all the disney property i'd say its the most remote, out dated, place in the park. i dont know if they have cameras back there but it would have to be the ideal place for a pervo to hide out and wait inside some of those caves.

farmgirl

Thanks for all the info everyone it is greatly appreciated. We usually go for 13 days so I was worried if we go after Thanksgiving we would fun into Pop Warner event and I heard that could get pretty crazy. Am I wrong to be concerned about this? Thanks

PintoColvig

Why dont they add on to the magic kingdom theN? They cant build out too far but they can build up. Why not put a huge concert hall like they have in DCA somewhere in the park towards the back. You could keep at least a thousand people if not more off the streets every couple of hours...or during the holidays have special christmas shows such as mickey's christmas carol or even sing a longs with the disney characters....there is room if you ditched tom sawers island...of all the disney property i'd say its the most remote, out dated, place in the park. i dont know if they have cameras back there but it would have to be the ideal place for a pervo to hide out and wait inside some of those caves.
Remote? Yes, and for me, it's one of the great things about TSI. There are very few places in MK that you can get out of the fast-paced flow of the park and just chill out. Outdated? It's supposed to be outdated. It not like it's Tomorrowland. It represents a fixed period in time. As for the pervo thing, he or she had best be quick. Yes, it's dark in those caves but lots of people move through them. I've never been in them without running into someone else.

Thanks for all the info everyone it is greatly appreciated. We usually go for 13 days so I was worried if we go after Thanksgiving we would fun into Pop Warner event and I heard that could get pretty crazy. Am I wrong to be concerned about this? Thanks
You will run into the Pop Warner event but I've only found it to be a problem at the resorts but not at the parks. The crowd level in the parks is unaffected but the noise level at the resort pools and around the resort buildings seems to increase during Pop Warner. Also, expect large crowds in the food courts during lunch and dinner hours.

Gorjus

Gorjus....I would like to say a big "thank you" to you and all the CMs that work on Holidays! Thanks!
Hats off to you, Gorjus (and other CMs).
So...on that note...cheers Gorjus. I apprecaite everything you and the rest of the cast do to brighten the days and spread cheer to park visitors.

You are all most welcome. Thanks for the words. And to be irreverant and flippant about it, the double pay thing really helps.

What cards are those?
Hey, Gorjus! What kind of cards were families passing out?

There are cards you can download online. They aren't quite as big as a business card but about the same idea. They have a photo of a Disney character on them and usually a saying, such as: "thanks", "you've made our dreams come true", "Happy Holidays", etc. Then it will say the name of a family and where they are from. Families usually take the time to laminate them so they last. It doesn't go on your record card like a Great Service Fanatic Card, but it can bring cheer to your day none the less.

we were wondering would it only be that week prior from the 23rd to the 27th that would be busy or when people say the week before Thanksgiving is busy do they mean from the 16th....oh I am positive that I am being to congfusing

My experience this year at MK was that the week BEFORE Thanksgiving was pretty quiet. The characters would actually be waiting for guests to show up. However, as of Thanksgiving and Yesterday, the lines for characters were posted as 45-75 minutes all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom