News Park attendance showing significant softness heading into the Fall 2018

T.Will

Absolutely True!! The FP+ effect. Good point. Bewilderment Gone. :)
That's the most confusing decision with FP+. Why give a Fastpass to people-eaters like Small World, Pirates, and Spaceship Earth? At the very least, Disneyland realized that with Pirates and didn't fully implement Maxpass for it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's the most confusing decision with FP+. Why give a Fastpass to people-eaters like Small World, Pirates, and Spaceship Earth? At the very least, Disneyland realized that with Pirates and didn't fully implement Maxpass for it.
To create "value" for the whole FP+ concept and to ration the existing rides. There are only just so many spaces available on the popular rides.

Lyman

Don't post much anymore, but this made me think, also made me a bit annoyed.

So attendance predictions look "soft" ok....

What does TDO do? Cut back labor, tighten up budgets, make an empty park feel fuller. Great! And, now, if their predictions are off, then this "optimized staffing" will make for a nightmare-ish park experience.

Wouldn't the better move be to fully staff and operate the parks. If attendance is soft, great, all the guests get a wonderful experience, making them more likely to return. Doesn't that seem like the better long term strategery?

Also, maybe it would help to give folks a reason to visit outside of whatever current festival Epcot is running and sundry after hour "parties" that effectively double the cost of your day at MK? I dunno...

Call me crazy.

What are you trying to do, be logical?

drizgirl

Don't post much anymore, but this made me think, also made me a bit annoyed.

So attendance predictions look "soft" ok....

What does TDO do? Cut back labor, tighten up budgets, make an empty park feel fuller. Great! And, now, if their predictions are off, then this "optimized staffing" will make for a nightmare-ish park experience.

Wouldn't the better move be to fully staff and operate the parks. If attendance is soft, great, all the guests get a wonderful experience, making them more likely to return. Doesn't that seem like the better long term strategery?

Also, maybe it would help to give folks a reason to visit outside of whatever current festival Epcot is running and sundry after hour "parties" that effectively double the cost of your day at MK? I dunno...

Call me crazy.
They don't seem to be interested in long term plans any more. They only seem able to look one quarter ahead.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Right now, there are FP+s available for IaSW (in fact, they're available for all times slots for the rest of the day). Also, right now, IaSW has a 30 minute wait.

So, how much of that 30 minute wait is attributable to FPs again?

drizgirl

Right now, there are FP+s available for IaSW (in fact, they're available for all times slots for the rest of the day). Also, right now, IaSW has a 30 minute wait.

So, how much of that 30 minute wait is attributable to FPs again?
The standby wait is 30 minutes because there's an entire fastpass line that is prioritized now. The people in standby might be holding FPs for other attractions right now so unable to pull one.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The standby wait is 30 minutes because there's an entire fastpass line that is prioritized now. The people in standby might be holding FPs for other attractions right now so unable to pull one.

Plenty of FPs are available for IaSW, almost always is. Almost never is FP used up for it. So, while there may be some FP people, it ain't at max. I would be surprised if IaSW on a normal day is even using 10% of its FPs. People use the FP for the more popular rides. So, if IaSW has a 30 minute wait, very little can be attributed to hordes of FPs bumping the stand-by.

drizgirl

Plenty of FPs are available for IaSW, almost always is. Almost never is FP used up for it. So, while there may be some FP people, it ain't at max. I would be surprised if IaSW on a normal day is even using 10% of its FPs. People use the FP for the more popular rides. So, if IaSW has a 30 minute wait, very little can be attributed to hordes of FPs bumping the stand-by.

You can't FP everything. So even if there is FP available, if you haven't used your 3 prescheduled FPs yet, you can't pull one. But someone is pulling them (maybe they don't know better?) And every single one of them is a priority over anyone waiting in standby.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You can't FP everything. So even if there is FP available, if you haven't used your 3 prescheduled FPs yet, you can't pull one. But someone is pulling them (maybe they don't know better?) And every single one of them is a priority over anyone waiting in standby.

And my point is there's almost no one using FP on IaSW to be prioritized over anyone waiting in standby.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And my point is there's almost no one using FP on IaSW to be prioritized over anyone waiting in standby.
Well, to be fair, I've used a FP+ on Its A Small World, but as a 6th or 7th day of FP...

Also, the TouringPlans Lines app, which tries to estimate actual wait time rather than the inflated Disney posted wait time has IaSW currenty at an 11 minute wait.

geekza

As much as I unironically love IaSW, I can't imagine that there are many occasions where a FastPass would be necessary. Even though it's a stop-and-start load into boats that takes a little longer than some attractions, I remember the line always moving fairly steadily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom