News Park attendance showing significant softness heading into the Fall 2018

Rosanne

This is something people have been saying forever as well, and I'm pretty sure it's largely a myth.

It's something people have been saying about Disneyland in particular, that the annual passes will see changes in price and conditions to reduce the crowds.

There is a little bit of truth to it. In recent years Disneyland saw certain passes not be sold for a period, and block out dates for Star Wars next year have come into play.

Generally however, Disney wants their parks to be packed.

As guests, we like smaller crowds. As a business, Disney wants more people. And who can blame them, for all the complaints about crowds, it hasn't deterred people from visiting.

As the saying goes, "Disneyland, no one goes there anymore, it's too crowded".
We have Disney annual passes and we dont go nearly as often as we used to because of the crowds, lines & inability to get Fast Passes even 30 days in advance. Maybe this is ok with Disney. Maybe they dont want passholders there every week? But, I'm not waiting in line for 2 hours for anybody or anything. And the longer the lines, the less we go.

LaughingGravy

Why lower AP prices when people will still buy them and go less often?
startrektrip.jpg

dbb279a09416f74cce53201d04d50b9b.jpg
96f26d1154b8b319e494519a7235b724.jpg
3ad7a34594b821d8f8e6f465db47d581a9a224a75d8d529f08b1cced0d34e5a5.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are going the week before Christmas (17-21), first time to ever stay that close to Christmas. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with crowds during that time? We are going that week because I could not find a full 5 day availability for anywhere in the first 2 weeks of December, and even now are a split stay, AKL and Baylake. (We are DVC members using points).

It will be more crowded than 5-10 years ago...but you should still enjoy yourself.

You are hard pressed to find DVC rooms that time of year and many others...they’ve flooded a lot of “dead points” into the system over the last ten years that makes bookings harder to come by.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
These are currently the longest posted wait times at each park. I’d be interested to know what the actual wait times are.

View attachment 315106View attachment 315107View attachment 315108View attachment 315109

More evidence that the prebooked fastpasses Have screwed everything up...

Today is Wednesday, September 19.

That is as close to the “dead zone” on the wdw as you can get. It was walk on for about 40 years.

Much love to our UK friends though...cheers!

Princess Leia

More evidence that the prebooked fastpasses Have screwed everything up...

Today is Wednesday, September 19.

That is as close to the “dead zone” on the wdw as you can get. It was walk on for about 40 years.

Much love to our UK friends though...cheers!
At each park, minus AK, M&Gs had some of the longest waits. That’s what I find ridiculous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At each park, minus AK, M&Gs had some of the longest waits. That’s what I find ridiculous.

That’s kinda to be expected though...the problem with M&Gs have always been that there is no duration to account for.

One 2 year old might wave and be there for 15 seconds...4 college programmers might be in there with autograph books and silly outfits And do candids for 6 minutes.

Hard to figure.

Grumpy4196

Not sure if it has been posted anywhere previously but WDW has also opened up the Disney Salutes military tickets to DoD Civilians and contractors until Dec. 19 when this year's promotion ends. It is being presented as a "test"

wannabeBelle

It will be more crowded than 5-10 years ago...but you should still enjoy yourself.

You are hard pressed to find DVC rooms that time of year and many others...they’ve flooded a lot of “dead points” into the system over the last ten years that makes bookings harder to come by.
Can you explain the meaning of "dead points" I dont own or deal with DVC generally but some of my friends do own and Im sure this does impact their ability to get a DVC booking. Thanks! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom