News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

smile

mermaid is a perfectly serviceable attraction, it was just conceived as and cost a letter or two higher than it is
- gross misconduct, to be sure, but certainly not hot garbage.

on the other hand, i dare say i'm bout up to here with those goods-blockin nebulas dagnabit!

brb1006

I don't know about that. At least it has a final battle instead of going from "Kiss the Girl" to wedding. They would never build it since those sets are too big for simple animated dark ride. Those ships look to be as big as the Shanghai Pirates ride.
I'm sure OLC (Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disneysea) could pull that off.

D

Deleted member 107043

Lots of changes and things finished since last photos posted, courtesy of MiceChat:

I really love the entrance, and I bet it'll look spectacular at night. Any idea what they're doing on the western end of PP? Will there be an arch or something signifying the transition from Paradise Park to Pixar Pier?

dweezil78

mermaid is a perfectly serviceable attraction, it was just conceived as and cost a letter or two higher than it is
- gross misconduct, to be sure, but certainly not hot garbage.

on the other hand, i dare say i'm bout up to here with those goods-blockin nebulas dagnabit!

I don’t mind everything up until ‘Under the Sea’ (which used to be even worse, pre-blacklight) and the Ursula scene is good too w/ an awesome AA.

Everything else is pretty awful and the ride overall just feels too clean and safe, if that makes any sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t mind everything up until ‘Under the Sea’ (which used to be even worse, pre-blacklight) and the Ursula scene is good too w/ an awesome AA.

Everything else is pretty awful and the ride overall just feels too clean and safe, if that makes any sense.

I just like it because it has AC. Nice on a hot day...

mickEblu

Not all. Mr. Toad, Snow White and the original Alice ride took a completely different approach: What's fun and thrilling about those settings? Focus on that, and don't be afraid to change things around to make the ride better. Most of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride depicts a scene that happened off-screen in the film, mixing in elements of the climatic railroad chase. The 1984 Alice ride is closer to the movie than the surreal original, but still mixes things around and changes the order of scenes for best effect.

And don't forget: Pinocchio's still a puppet at the end of the ride. Because we FAILED to guide him. Yet the stupid cricket still gets a medal???

Good point on Alice. The way it’s laid out it feels more like an adventure through Wonderland and not a book report.

SuddenStorm

Somebody refresh my memory. Was his proposed Little Mermaid ride a huge departure from the film?

He didn't pitch anything they could have done better, just used it as an example of a ride that isn't great.

Im unaware of any Baxter led Mermaid ride, but if there's one I haven't seen I'd be curious to learn more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom