News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Nope.

Here's a video of what it was supposed to be:

giphy.gif

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I don't know about that. At least it has a final battle instead of going from "Kiss the Girl" to wedding. They would never build it since those sets are too big for simple animated dark ride. Those ships look to be as big as the Shanghai Pirates ride.
Ah well. At least I only have to go on it when I'm with my 2 year old niece.

Rich T

That's what I thought. His ride might have been more impressive, but his current criticism seems a little pot-calling-the-kettle-black-ish.
Baxter's version looks more fun with its ride system, crash door shipwreck sequence, the stylized dive underwater, scarier Ursula Lair and the very Fantasyland-y battle. I'd like it more if he'd just axed Kiss the Girl completely and had a shark chase before Under the Sea.

Rich T

So is Alice... and Pinocchio... and most dark rides.
Not all. Mr. Toad, Snow White and the original Alice ride took a completely different approach: What's fun and thrilling about those settings? Focus on that, and don't be afraid to change things around to make the ride better. Most of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride depicts a scene that happened off-screen in the film, mixing in elements of the climatic railroad chase. The 1984 Alice ride is closer to the movie than the surreal original, but still mixes things around and changes the order of scenes for best effect.

And don't forget: Pinocchio's still a puppet at the end of the ride. Because we FAILED to guide him. Yet the stupid cricket still gets a medal???

Californian Elitist

While I think the classics are obviously less so then Mermaid... Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice and Pinocchio all take you through scenes of the movie... without narration or much dialogue....

I didn’t deny the scenes from the movies are in the rides. However they are unique experiences. Guests are suspended in the air for Pan, Snow White is all about the scares from the witch with less focus on Snow White, Alice has the really neat outside portion with the ride ending with the tea party scene and not the croquet/jury scene, etc. Pinocchio is a little more like Mermaid, but it’s still better.

Mermaid offers nothing unique and special.

DisneyLostBoy03

Pixar Fun Wheel (I refuse to call it the Pixar Pal Around- worst name in existance) is testing:

I was so lucky to have caught footage of it testing while I was staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Definitely agree though that the new name for the attraction will take a while for me to get use to. If you like to check out other progress videos on Pixar Pier, feel free to check out my channel Disney Lost Boys and Girls. We will be filming an Incredicoaster ride review as well once the attraction opens. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom