News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

His voice is annoying, but what really kills me is how fast Dash counts down. He starts at a reasonable pace, and then he speeds up and we go from “3” to “GO!” in a millimeter of a second. I understand Dash is fast, and therefore the countdown is fast, but holy hell.

It just reminds me of a kid with terrible ADHD.

And not even the roller coaster can even keep up with him. He gets down to "Go!" so fast, and it just sits there for a few struggling to figure out how it's supposed to take off already.

Professortango1

While I think the classics are obviously less so then Mermaid... Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice and Pinocchio all take you through scenes of the movie... without narration or much dialogue....

They might take you through moments, but not scenes from the movie as a whole. Sure you see the Dwarves dancing with Snow, but other than that and the image of the Witch falling, the rest is hardly a recreation of a scene. Plus, they put the focus on the emotion and narrative, not recreating classic moments. There is no "Anyone can Whistle" in Pinocchio because it wouldn't fit the ride. Just as "Following the Leader" wouldn't play into the wonder and adventure of Peter Pan. These rides use the film as a jumping off point, rather than the model which we must constantly be checking back in on for reference.

Professortango1

First let me make it clear that I'm biased because I think Baxter is a talented yet grossly overrated imagineer. In my opinion his vision for TL '98 was a miguided vanity project, and could have succeeded if it weren't for his relentless obsession with steam punk. The whole copper Tomorrowland meets Discoveryland thematic concept was a mess from the start.

That said, I understand his complaints about shifting corporate priorities and budgets. However most creative programs deployed by large corporations are subject to some or all of those challenges. Hard to believe someone who worked at WDI as long as he did had never encountered budget reductions before. Certainly the Imagineers responsible for TLM were under the same pressures for resources.

I loved the concept for TL 98 and the look of it. I just didn't care for the cheaply redone attractions. Sure, I would prefer TL 2055 over TL 98, but TL 98 is a solid idea.

britain

1529005851465.png

Huh - I could have sworn the gradient is supposed to go red-to-yellow clockwise towards the bottom as well as towards the top. But I can't find any reference online that supports that.

Californian Elitist

It just reminds me of a kid with terrible ADHD.

And not even the roller coaster can even keep up with him. He gets down to "Go!" so fast, and it just sits there for a few struggling to figure out how it's supposed to take off already.

Exactly! I feel the ride should immediately take off, since the countdown is rushed. But nope, it sits there for a second before it leaves the station, making it even more annoying.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Exactly! I feel the ride should immediately take off, since the countdown is rushed. But nope, it sits there for a second before it leaves the station, making it even more annoying.

I have a feeling its meant to be the "I'll race you" type of story, you even hear foot steps and a whoosh sound right before the car goes.

Rich T

I have a feeling its meant to be the "I'll race you" type of story, you even hear foot steps and a whoosh sound right before the car goes.
That occurred to me, too...Like Dash has to get ahead of you to later "save" you.... but it kind of messes up the fun of the launch. Maybe it'll work in context of the whole ride. The voice is still annoying, though. :D

Rich T

I am impressed that in a week it will open. Now I hope it's better than some people think and Disney does not disappoint
The urine-colored cones and Dead Bing Bong candy tears have not endeared it to this Pixar fan, but I'm trying to leave room for hope that Screamin'/Incredicoaster is at *least* as fun as it was before the overlay. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom