News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

nevol

No, I'm making a comment that it's called the Critter Carousel and there's a land called Critter Country and making another comment that the cowhide aesthetic would work well for Frontierland. Honestly I thought this was a pretty easy to understand comment but.

Anyways, here's more stuff for me to make simple comments on for you to misinterpret.
View attachment 269797
Why is there a snowman on the beach? Is that the joke? Or was it that they didn't want to change the food being served so they just found a cold-related character to tie it in with?

View attachment 269798
That kid is way too happy about that hot dog

View attachment 269800
Whitewashing.

View attachment 269799
This will look great next to the giant McDonald's hamburger.

These pieces of concept art for the food stands in Pixar Pier have driven my hatred of this project to a new level. Disney truly has learned nothing from 2001.

It seems they've given up completely on trying to make the place nice, and instead are going the "pier" route. Making everything as hideous as possible for shock value and photo ops.

RandySavage

Sad to think that the budget for this pointless project - which I expect will do nothing to improve the park's medium and long-term draw - could have built a new attraction in one of the dead spaces (e.g. MuppetVision) that could inrease the park's appeal.

The "it's a place where Pixar animators go to unwind after work"... Hipsters meet WDI.

nevol

So when star wars opens, they'll barely have a permanent security gateway or transportation to the esplanade. downtown disney west and the entire resort area will be a construction site. Hollywoodland and a bug's land will go down to build marvel for a few years. and come 2025 if not earlier, tomorrowland and fantasyland construction? But during the four years leading up to Star Wars Land opening, they built absolutely nothing, closed existing attractions to slap new fiberglass characters and screenz on them. FAIL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So when star wars opens, they'll barely have a permanent security gateway or transportation to the esplanade. downtown disney west and the entire resort area will be a construction site. Hollywoodland and a bug's land will go down to build marvel for a few years. and come 2025 if not earlier, tomorrowland and fantasyland construction? But during the four years leading up to Star Wars Land opening, they built absolutely nothing, closed existing attractions to slap new fiberglass characters and screenz on them. FAIL.

Hey, we at least have the future to look forward to....

SMLR

Also, some concept art of the tunnels:
17C49E35-BEAA-46A9-B44D-89CA7A6C9AFF.jpeg
3E160915-3D4D-48AA-97E1-18097C819FD3.jpeg
5F62D932-9A7B-4B79-9E3B-1397612E1F46.jpeg
9CBD8DBC-9332-44C2-AEA3-F77F1F7D3629.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
http://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/1...-the-incredicoaster-at-the-disneyland-resort/

“Disney is building a new mid-century modern glass entryway and shaded queue line that Walt Disney Imagineer Jeffrey Shaver-Moscowitz described in a recent panel discussion as ‘very Palm Springs.’“

hey, at least they didn’t entirely abandon the California theme. Lol

Also that article confirms something that I always question from people's assumptions in this forum, its not their house:

As visitors stand in line to ride the coaster, they will learn the fictional story behind the ride they’re about to go on, which is that it’s supposed to be the first launch day of the new Incredicoaster and the entire Incredibles family of superheroes is on hand for the grand opening.

“We know this is going to be incredibly loved by our guests,” the general manager of Disney California Adventure, Gary Maggetti, said on a recent media preview of the construction underway at the park.

But all is not well, because Incredibles baby superhero Jack-Jack is too small to ride the coaster, so he’s sent to the VIP lounge to await his parents’ return.

In typical superhero baby fashion, though, Jack-Jack isn’t happy about this, and uses his superpowers to escape and make his way through the coaster.

dweezil78

But during the four years leading up to Star Wars Land opening, they built absolutely nothing, closed existing attractions to slap new fiberglass characters and screenz on them. FAIL.

I hear what you are saying... but isn't SWL essentially DL's turn to get something new and shiny after DCA got a billion dollar makeover in the last go around?

Ismael Flores

The coaster actually sounds fun, The effects if done well could add for some interesting visuals inside the tunnels.

The pictures of the virtual tour that those bloggers took show what might be lasers from jacks eyes.

The rest of the pier i will have to wait and see but it looks like it will be very colorful.

nevol

I hear what you are saying... but isn't SWL essentially DL's turn to get something new and shiny after DCA got a billion dollar makeover in the last go around?
Yes, the big shiny project is star wars land. But the resort is not ready for its closeup. There will be a lot of first time visitors showing up and the entire experience will be quite embarrassing. It looks like they want the parking garage open by then but we haven't seen any permanent security or ticketing facilities like the eastern gateway for the west end.

__r.jr

...but isn't SWL essentially DL's turn to get something new and shiny after DCA got a billion dollar makeover in the last go around?

It goes further than that.

Disney can build exceptionally themed environments like Cars Land, Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge and all the while throw out something like Pixar Pier and act like its all designed with the same commitment to narrative, quality and immersiveness.

dweezil78

Yes, the big shiny project is star wars land. But the resort is not ready for its closeup. There will be a lot of first time visitors showing up and the entire experience will be quite embarrassing. It looks like they want the parking garage open by then but we haven't seen any permanent security or ticketing facilities like the eastern gateway for the west end.

I don't know... I feel like the the majority of 'first timers' will choose to head east to WDW, but maybe that's me being naive. It's not like Disneyland/World is this underground thing that is finally going to go mainstream because of SWL. I also think we're going to see some pretty hardcore hustling between now and summer 2019. Hopefully they can make it to the finish line before the timer finishes counting down!

dweezil78

It goes further than that.

Disney can build exceptionally themed environments like Cars Land, Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge and all the while throw out something like Pixar Pier and act like its all designed with the same commitment to narrative, quality and immersiveness.

I think the downside to these big-scale insanely immersive lands is that cheaper projects seem, well, even cheaper. Things were more level-set and flat back in the day across the park. The older lands, while not as richly themed or extravagant, were at least more consistent across the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom