News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Rich T

I do agree that the Incredibles deserved more than a coaster retheme. Ideally it would have been some sort immersive E ticket where we could battle a super villain. But considering they just rethemed Screamin I kind of like the route they went. I think going with a more casual story works with this casual overlay if you will. Not sure how much they could make me believe we re fighting some super villain with a few projections in the tunnels.

Although I think if they used the villains robot from the movie (instead of inside out) as the spinner going in the helix and have the bottom be the spinner ride and the top half actually interact with guests riding the coaster would have been cool.
How about this: You leave the station and get a glimpse of the Underminer or someone setting off a device to bring the ride down. Too late to stop the ride! Off you go! Along the route you see Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl holding the collapsing supports up to keep you safe. Dash and Violet contribute. Final scene with Underminer or whoever caught. Jack-Jack gets a cookie.

I just hate, hate hate the whole tired "WHERE'S THE BABY? OH NOOOOOOO!" plot line. Popeye overused it, every sitcom with a baby has overused it, and Roger Rabbit parodied it nicely. I will skip The Incredibles 2 entirely if that's a major story element (I have a feeling it won't be). Seriously, "catch-the-baby" is right up there with "evil twin" and "amnesia" as a story idea that can just retire for a few decades. :)

RandySavage

Imagineering legend John Ho_rny concept sketches for an Incredibles ride:
Incredibles ext.  0.png

mickEblu

How about this: You leave the station and get a glimpse of the Underminer or someone setting off a device to bring the ride down. Too late to stop the ride! Off you go! Along the route you see Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl holding the collapsing supports up to keep you safe. Dash and Violet contribute. Final scene with Underminer or whoever caught. Jack-Jack gets a cookie.

I just hate, hate hate the whole tired "WHERE'S THE BABY? OH NOOOOOOO!" plot line. Popeye overused it, every sitcom with a baby has overused it, and Roger Rabbit parodied it nicely. I will skip The Incredibles 2 entirely if that's a major story element (I have a feeling it won't be). Seriously, "catch-the-baby" is right up there with "evil twin" and "amnesia" as a story idea that can just retire for a few decades. :)

Honestly, Your idea doesn’t bad at all. Stop the bad guy from blowing up the roller coaster. I like it.

nevol

So does everything have to open with a staggered approach now. Is this a marketing tactic or just bad planning? They couldn’t manage to get the Carrousel or Lamp AA to be ready for opening day?
Just bad planning. They like the PR they get from grand openings like cars land and Pandora, so why stagger this? Seems like they're closing PP for 6 months and doing nothing for much of that time (see: lamplight lounge, boardwalk shops, etc)

Ismael Flores

One photo. THREE conflicting designs. We're a couple months out and I swear they're still making it up as they go along.

View attachment 269886
its pretty normal for them to go through so many changes, especially something that will most likely be placed last. Even the overall design of the carousel is different in each art that was released. Jessie has changed places and the roof line and cowhide motiff is different in each picture

I am hoping they go with the middle design. The colors and letter placement with the ball flows better and guides your eyes down to the land.

The far left design is not pleasing at all and the far right design works great with the coaster but doesn't fit the overall Pixar theme

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom