News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

DanielBB8

No, I'm making a comment that it's called the Critter Carousel and there's a land called Critter Country and making another comment that the cowhide aesthetic would work well for Frontierland. Honestly I thought this was a pretty easy to understand comment but.

Anyways, here's more stuff for me to make simple comments on for you to misinterpret.
View attachment 269797
Why is there a snowman on the beach? Is that the joke? Or was it that they didn't want to change the food being served so they just found a cold-related character to tie it in with?

View attachment 269798
That kid is way too happy about that hot dog

View attachment 269800
Whitewashing.

View attachment 269799
This will look great next to the giant McDonald's hamburger.

These pieces of concept art for the food stands in Pixar Pier have driven my hatred of this project to a new level. Disney truly has learned nothing from 2001.
Okay, let me misinterpret that these attractions will be a “more” perfect fit in Disneyland because it certainly is less perfect for Pixar Pier. LOL.

Disneylover152

dyf2yhawkaaqwci-jpg.269798

That kid is way too happy about that hot dog

Is this teasing us that Award Weiners is closing for Marvel Land as well as Flik's Flyers?????

__r.jr

When this re-theme was announced, it seemed like a wide spread aesthetic upgrade stylized a la Midway Mania!

Unfortunately, in terms of aesthetics, it's not even delivering on that. Not consistently anyway.

Disney is capable of doing better and Pixar deserves better.

dweezil78

I like the carousel (other than using the name 'Critter' -- were there really no other words to choose from!?), but the food vendors are definitely a little too on-the-nose punny DCA 1.0. Weird...

At least these are just the little carts/stands on the side and not part of the main building/structure along the pier...

TROR

I like the carousel (other than using the name 'Critter' -- were there really no other words to choose from!?), but the food vendors are definitely a little too on-the-nose punny DCA 1.0. Weird...
For what it's worth, that's what they're called on the fictional Woody's Round Up tv show

dweezil78

For what it's worth, that's what they're called on the fictional Woody's Round Up tv show

Ah gotcha... Didn't realize that! Ok, well thankfully they didn't just pull the word 'Critter' out of thin air then and decide that was the best option.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is this teasing us that Award Weiners is closing for Marvel Land as well as Flik's Flyers?????

Actually I believe this is a retheme of the existing hot dog stand that sits on Paradise Pier. I wouldn't read anymore into than that. And I really wouldn't read into it that Award Weiners is closing, which I don't think is even rumored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom