News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

I think it should have its own permanent attraction in an expanded Fantasyland. It's definitely worn out its welcome at HM for me, but what can we expect Disney to do when APs and the general public keeps lining up in droves to see the overlay? Oooooh, let's see what the gingerbread house in the ballroom looks like this time! Blog headlines!

I agree with this, and Disney will likely never build a permanent home for the film because like you said it's a big seasonal draw.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yeah, but you do go often. Your actions are telling them they're on the right track. Corporations deal in broad strokes.

Consider what Iger and the board of directors must have thought when they saw the increase in guest satisfaction, attendance, and spending at DCA following the transformation of that park into a more branded experience. In many ways the future direction of all the parks as IP distribution channels was pretty much sealed on the success of DCA 2.0.

George Lucas on a Bench

Yet, they are still very obviously attempting to draw more people to DCA and always closing it down 2-3 hours prior to DL. The place thrives in its current form as an add-on to DL at a consistently congested resort that needs additional theme park capacity, enticing guests with booze and some popular thrill rides.

dweezil78

And judging by the number of people who've shown up by uh, the dozens, to see the Guardians of the Galaxy, it's not the greatest strategy.

I don't have a strong stance on this one way or another (I still haven't been on MB!), but I will say that Guardians currently has an 80 min wait while RSR has 75 min. Keeping in mind that RSR (while 5 yrs old now) is a ride everyone can enjoy while GotG, due to it's style of thrill attraction, is much more limited with its audience due to fear of heights and other phobias.

dweezil78

Yet, they are still very obviously attempting to draw more people to DCA and always closing it down 2-3 hours prior to DL. The place thrives in its current form as an add-on to DL at a consistently congested resort that needs additional theme park capacity, enticing guests with booze and some popular thrill rides.

I've never understood why DCA always closes so much earlier than DL. Guessing it probably has to do with staggering crowd exits/tram congestion... but still, as the park that serves alcohol, you'd think they'd let that cater more to the late night audience.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't have a strong stance on this one way or another (I still haven't been on MB!), but I will say that Guardians currently has an 80 min wait while RSR has 75 min. Keeping in mind that RSR (while 5 yrs old now) is a ride everyone can enjoy while GotG, due to it's style of thrill attraction, is much more limited with its audience due to fear of heights and other phobias.

APs are unblocked now, so GOTG is experiencing a surge in wait times after falling off steadily through the summer. APs will show up in droves for awhile to ride it, and the Halloween overlay will drive nighttime wait times up the wall. The test was the summer though - non-AP guests didn't show up in the numbers Disney thought they would for GOTG, meaning it didn't drive ticket sales.

Curious Constance

Haha I'm really dont though. I actually have more of a sensitive button for hypocrisy. I'm not even the AP most people complain about. I go to the parks 10-12 times a year and have never put a blanket out for nighttime entertainment. Lol
Blanket or no blanket, you're still getting fitted with the neon green shirt, and you will be glared at!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom