News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Exactly. I'm willing to bet a Dole Whip that Mission Breakout's wait times will increase dramatically as soon as APs are unblocked.

So then GOTG is a flop then right since the only people it drew to the park are APs who don't have to pay an extra cent to ride it. Im pretty sure that's not what Chapek had in mind.

BTW, we re already unblocked and there is only a 65 minute wait for GOTG right now. Hardly impressive. And we re only 2 days into So Cal APs being unblocked. Meaning, you think it would be busier with APs who haven't had a chance to ride all summer.

D

Deleted member 107043

So then GOTG is a flop then right since the only people it drew to the park are APs who don't have to pay an extra cent to ride it.

If their only goal was to drastically increase attendance over the summer then yes. It appears that Mission Breakout failed to do that. The thing we don't know is what DLR's attendance would have been this summer without Mission Breakout. It could have been worse, who knows.

Im pretty sure that's not what Chapek had in mind.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing Mission Breakout was meant to do.

BTW, we re already unblocked and there is only a 65 minute wait for GOTG right now. Hardly impressive.

It's nothing to sneeze at either for a mid-week afternoon, but I get your point. Let's see how things look after this weekend. Will they still be unlocked Friday - Sunday?

mickEblu

If their only goal was to drastically increase attendance over the summer then yes. It appears that Mission Breakout failed to do that. The thing we don't know is what DLR's attendance would have been this summer without Mission Breakout. It could have been worse, who knows.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing Mission Breakout was meant to do.

It's nothing to sneeze at either for a mid-week afternoon, but I get your point. Let's see how things look after this weekend. Will they still be unlocked Friday - Sunday?

So Cal APs will be blocked out Saturday but Good Friday and Sunday.

The attendance this summer could have been worse but even then you think the wait times would have been higher than 35 minutes or whatever they were averaging. With the tens of thousands of people at the park at any given time, it shows that it wasn't even a huge draw for the thousands of people that did show up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

With the tens of thousands of people at the park at any given time, it shows that it wasn't a huge draw for the thousands of people that did show up.

You are determined to prove that this thing was a failure lol.

Whatever the outcome I'm not too surprised that it wasn't a huge draw this summer. Ticket prices are obscene and, as I argued before it opened, MB is largely the same ride with different set dressing. I can't speak for others, but as fun MB looks it's not enough to make me want to visit DLR right now.

mickEblu

You are determined to prove that this thing was a failure lol.

Whatever the outcome I'm not too surprised that it wasn't a huge draw this summer. Ticket prices are obscene and, as I argued before it opened, MB is largely the same ride with different set dressing. I can't speak for others, but as fun MB looks it's not enough to make me want to visit DLR right now.

LOL... Well it's isn't very hard.

I and many others predicted everything you noted above. Pixar Pier will be the same situation. Kind of a waste of money if you ask me. Back tracking in the theming department but not really generating much of a buzz or getting people to the gates. Maybe they re making up for it with Groot bread faces and Rocket plushes?

I'm pretty sure people will pay the obsene amounts of money when Star Wars Land opens because you know there will be like actual new rides.

D

Deleted member 107043

Maybe they re making up for it with Groot brea

The things I see people go gaga over at Disney theme park shops is astonishing. GoTG is a hugely popular franchise, so we can be sure that Mission Breakout is driving merchandise sales in ways that ToT never did.

Curious Constance

After hearing a number of podcasts with that dude, as well as a number of articles written by him, I still have no idea if I like him or not.

Me either!

I keep wanting to not like him because he seems like he's an "Either you agree with me or you're an idiot" kind of a guy. I also can't stand how everyone on MiceChat treats him like he's the second coming and can't form an opinion without Dusty giving his first. Then there is his name to consider.

But then I watch his live videos, and he seems like a pretty good guy.

I'm so confused. *tears*

Curious Constance

Exactly. I'm willing to bet a Dole Whip that Mission Breakout's wait times will increase dramatically as soon as APs are unblocked.

Oh, I bet they will too. But those people have already invested the money, so it's nothing for them to stop by after work and take a spin.

I bet Disney was expecting an increase from out of towners specifically wanting to check it out, and it doesn't sound like that happened.

TROR

The things I see people go gaga over at Disney theme park shops is astonishing. GoTG is a hugely popular franchise, so we can be sure that Mission Breakout is driving merchandise sales in ways that ToT never did.

Make no mistake, this was the goal of Mission Breakout. Bob Chapek, before running parks and resorts, was the head of merchandise. While Mission Breakout as an attraction is a failure, it gives an excuse to sell more GotG merch. Why they couldn't have filled up shops in Tomorrowland with it, who knows.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's why they persist in that Nightmare Before Christmas version of The Haunted Mansion. The store selling HM merchandise is mostly filled with ugly Nightmare Before Christmas junk. It's so obvious they've been attempting to recreate that success with classic HM merchandise, which is mostly terrible. In fact, I think adding the Hatbox Ghost was an attempt to create a Jack Skeleton character for the classic version when you get down to it. It's all about money. For me, it was always about the charm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom