News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mlayton144

Tear it all down , and if they won’t do that I just hope that they would take the axle out of Mickeys Fun Wheel and let it roll away a few miles from Disney property - th icon of the park is a Ferris wheel with Mickey Mouse face on it - just a cheap unimaginative turd that is the antithesis of creativity that draw people to Disneyland in the first place

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tear it all down , and if they won’t do that I just hope that they would take the axle out of Mickeys Fun Wheel and let it roll away a few miles from Disney property - th icon of the park is a Ferris wheel with Mickey Mouse face on it - just a cheap unimaginative turd that is the antithesis of creativity that draw people to Disneyland in the first place

This post just made me think of this from 1941:

tumblr_n2aye9CkX91qedb29o1_500.gif

Ismael Flores

This post just made me think of this from 1941:

tumblr_n2aye9CkX91qedb29o1_500.gif

i remember when universal studios had the miniature they used to film that sequence.

they had it as part if the soecial effects show in bottom level of park before they ruined it. when they moved that show to the upper floor and used the huge theater they ruined it.
before you would go from room to room in the soundstage and see how different effects were made. they were intimate presentations with about 24 people or so

mickEblu

i remember when universal studios had the miniature they used to film that sequence.

they had it as part if the soecial effects show in bottom level of park before they ruined it. when they moved that show to the upper floor and used the huge theater they ruined it.
before you would go from room to room in the soundstage and see how different effects were made. they were intimate presentations with about 24 people or so

Oh ya, I remember that. In the old Backdraft building. It was my least favorite thing there when i was a kid. Was it the same show where they picked someone to be Doc brown or was that a different show?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Oh ya, I remember that. In the old Backdraft building. It was my least favorite thing there when i was a kid. Was it the same show where they picked someone to be Doc brown or was that a different show?

Same show but way before the version about BTTF. They also had a 2010 and an E.T. part. Now they have no special effects show if I’m not mistaken. At least USF still has theirs.

Phroobar

That was back in the days where you had a handful of shows on the upper level and the Tram. You take the tram to the lower level where they let you out and do the special effects show. Then you got back on the tram and did more tour. Then you got off the tram and "rested" in Prop Plaza which was an area with giant props. Finally you got back on the tram and finished the tour. Afterwards, you did the four shows and then left. No rides. They even assigned you tram tour times when you enter the park so everyone doesn't hit the tram first.

I hear Prop Plaza is still there. They use it for private functions.
giantphone_005.jpg

propplaza_ateam.jpg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
That was back in the days where you had a handful of shows on the upper level and the Tram. You take the tram to the lower level where they let you out and do the special effects show. Then you got back on the tram and did more tour. Then you got off the tram and "rested" in Prop Plaza which was an area with giant props. Finally you got back on the tram and finished the tour. Afterwards, you did the four shows and then left. No rides. They even assigned you tram tour times when you enter the park so everyone doesn't hit the tram first.

I hear Prop Plaza is still there. They use it for private functions.
giantphone_005.jpg

propplaza_ateam.jpg

This kind of stuff makes me really nostalgic for the old Universal Studios I remember. The one where the tram tour went by the burning house, collapsing bridge, Battlestar Galatica ship, the moving tunnel, etc.

Disneylover152

What if they moved Mickey's Fun Wheel to Disney Springs as an observation wheel for those not wanting to use "characters in flight"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom