News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

__r.jr

Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff

Yet another establishment that doesn't attempt to hold any design principles or coherence except for its exterior.

Nothing inside portrays that one is on a seaside pier. Its resemblance to Trolly Toyville Park is apparent but it makes contextual sense in DisneySea since it's an extension of the New York based American Waterfront and is aesthetically inspired off of Luna Park in Coney Island, in which it too is in New York. (Just ignore the California connection, not because it's contrived but because there isn't one.)

At least there is a candy store on the Pier now, finally. Although one would have preferred to have the freshly made salt-water taffy confectionery with on-site kitchen that was strongly rumored to go here several years ago as part of the now infamously mythical Phase 2 of the remodeling of the park.

But hey at least Bing Bong's got Unicorn Bark.

TROR

engineears_ceiling2002ah.jpg

Engine-Ear Toys 2002

greetings_dragonfly2010ww.jpg

Greetings from California 2010

Photo_9259-Disneyland.jpg

Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff 2018

Loving the classic DCA homage of Pixar Pier.

SteamboatJoe

This simultaneoously hurts my soul and makes me laugh-cry tears of pure joy.

What the actual...

When I first saw this image, I didn't realize where it was from and automatically assumed it was some sick and poorly thought out design from a small festival or second rate amusement park. It took a few seconds to click that I was actually looking at something Disney created and thought was acceptable. Fantasmic! warned us about the power of imaginations to create an overwhelming nightmare. Yikes.

SSG

Well, we have a 6:00 am flight from Seattle to SoCal tomorrow and I'll be able to check the Pier out for myself. I'm pretty sure my reaction will be to look around, shrug, and say 'Why yes, bartender; I will have another martini.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom