News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Cousin Huet

So, are they just sliding the Bugsland ride Flik’s Flyers over to Pixar Pier, doing some cosmetics and calling that Inside Out’s Emotional Whirlwind? Seems a little lame for that IP considering all they could do with it. Would love to see something bigger for that and a better use of Monsters Inc there too.

vancee

So, are they just sliding the Bugsland ride Flik’s Flyers over to Pixar Pier, doing some cosmetics and calling that Inside Out’s Emotional Whirlwind? Seems a little lame for that IP considering all they could do with it. Would love to see something bigger for that and a better use of Monsters Inc there too.
I mean it’s like a carnival ride. I’m sure they’re just going to build it from scratch.

FerretAfros

I mean it’s like a carnival ride. I’m sure they’re just going to build it from scratch.
They're going to move the existing ride mechanism. Disney tends to amortize attractions over 20 years, and since the Flik's Fun Fair addition is less than 20 years old they haven't fully "gotten their money's worth" from it yet. [Edit: If one of my sources is to be believed, this won't be the only attraction from that area that finds a new home elsewhere]

Nevermind that relocation, redressing, reinstallation, and site work at the new location will likely cost orders of magnitude more than the ride mechanism itself. Or that the ride mechanism is a sunk cost at this point. Or the opportunity cost of using the Maliboomer site that could easily be an expansion pad for an all-new attraction that is actually worthwhile and marketable.

Disney is going to save money, no matter how much it costs them!

Last edited:

Phroobar

Hans would have been so proud.

giphy.gif

Ismael Flores

Fingers crossed for Heimlich!

i also think it might be Heimlich, notice how in some of the pixar pier artwork they had intended on building a heimlich style ride in the west helix. i think it would have been better than the spinner.

it would have had part of the track go over the walkway and also over to where bing bongs sweet stuff is

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

lady bug boogie has such a small footprint that they can put it in several place in the grizzley area.

it even fits with the challenge trail.

either by the small stage on the south side of the play area or over by the stupid little slide that no one goes on that is against the hotel boundary. i think the concrete slide area and the climbing walls would fit the ride and queue and can be themed to something wilderness

if they put it by the wilderness stage area which is behind mermaid, they can add another entrance to queue from main path. in the evenings when they close the challenge trail they use the alternate entrance to keep the small ride open

Last edited:

Disneylover152

When I was at the Blue Sky Cellar they had an imagineer there and we were talking to her and I told her that I wanted to be a Concept Designer for WDI (I'm in High School BTW). She was kind enough to take 30 minutes out of her day to take us around the room and give us a tour of Pixar Pier. She told us a few of the stuff they said at the event that people went to.

One of the things she said that the original plan was to have all the Bugs Land rides relocated to the pier with the exception of the Bumper Cars. Flik's would have turned into an Inside Out ride like we are getting but in the eastern helix, Heimlich would be relocated where the Inside Out ride is now, and Ladybug Boogie would have been turned into a Ratatouille ride place indoors at the Pixar Promenade.

Last edited:

shortstop

When I was at the Blue Sky Cellar they had an imagineer there and we were talking to him and I told him that I wanted to be a Concept Designer for WDI (I'm in High School BTW). He was kind enough to take 30 minutes out of his day to take us around the room and give us a tour of Pixar Pier. He told us a few of the stuff they said at the event that people went to.

One of the things he said that the original plan was to have all the Bugs Land rides relocated to the pier with the exception of the Bumper Cars. Flik's would have turned into an Inside Out ride like we are getting but in the eastern helix, Heimlich would be relocated where the Inside Out ride is now, and Ladybug Boogie would have been turned into a Ratatouille ride place indoors at the Pixar Promenade.
Interesting. Do you happen to know the name of the Imagineer you spoke to?

Phroobar

When I was at the Blue Sky Cellar they had an imagineer there and we were talking to him and I told him that I wanted to be a Concept Designer for WDI (I'm in High School BTW). He was kind enough to take 30 minutes out of his day to take us around the room and give us a tour of Pixar Pier. He told us a few of the stuff they said at the event that people went to.

One of the things he said that the original plan was to have all the Bugs Land rides relocated to the pier with the exception of the Bumper Cars. Flik's would have turned into an Inside Out ride like we are getting but in the eastern helix, Heimlich would be relocated where the Inside Out ride is now, and Ladybug Boogie would have been turned into a Ratatouille ride place indoors at the Pixar Promenade.
I'm hoping for a bigger dumbo-type spinner in the eastern helix.

shortstop

No. It was a girl and she had brown hair and glasses. I remember her being really nice and excited to talk to us about everything.
:bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom