News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

I was at Target today and saw this on the shelves. Really shocked they were already selling on ride props from the Incredicoaster.

52704130_Alt02

October82

Who said I was expecting anything. I was just putting a thought out there that they can always continue to plus up the area. Unless you really think this is it for the next 25 years.

Here's the thing - again - there's no evidence of any substantial revisions to the product here. What was delivered is what we got. We should judge that on its merits (or lack thereof). It's just not a multi-decade issue.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here's the thing - again - there's no evidence of any substantial revisions to the product here. What was delivered is what we got. We should judge that on its merits (or lack thereof). It's just not a multi-decade issue.

There is no evidence of anything with regards to the parks and its future. Yet daily this forums and other forums talk about various rumors and various posters thoughts on the future of the parks.

So my thought is there is a potential they can come back and add more to Pixar Pier later down the line. Do I realistically think it'll happen, no, as I think Pixar Pier will likely be torn down in 10-15 years. But its just a thought I had if Pixar Pier is to last longer than 10-15 years.

__r.jr

What I find to be so tremendously pretentious is the constant measuring contest that has befallen amongst the sibling resorts. Implementing new, bigger structural enhancements in Pixar Pier i.e. the copulas, building for the promenade and the marquee for the ferris wheel as if size difference alone is what makes it somehow more superior and therefore much more of a greater feature that must be the key focus of and be shared with. It's bad enough Hong Kong Disneyland behaving in such a manner towards Shanghai's resort but to see it spread to Anaheim and hold contempt towards DisneySea, it just leaves one feeling even more disdain for Walt Disney Imagineering.

They go out of their way to claim Toyville Trolly Park as the continuous source for inspiration only to follow that up saying, but ours is bigger. Seems disingenuous, envious and belittling. The team in Anaheim should silence themselves because they really have no merits to be comparing anything in California Adventure to DisneySea.

mickEblu

From MousePlanet:

"When Imagineer Tracey Noce, creative director for the project, tells Todd Pickering that the ride uses 50 pounds of glitter to create the effect in one tunnel, I think, "that's great for 'it's a small world,' but what could you have done with a budget for LED panels?" "

Lol go figure. The one ride where we wouldn’t mind screens is where they don’t use them. (Aside from the pre launch)

VJ

Remember how "Mickey and the Magical Map" was touted as easily updatable with new scenes/songs?

Good times
I think (but don't quote me on this) the concept was for Soundsational to be modular in that way as well, with the drum units. They just threw the entire thing away for a 10-year-old rotting corpse of a parade!

Disney is so innovative and magical!
As long as you don't visit the US parks.

:D

VJ

They're bragging about using 50 pounds of glitter to create an effect in a brand new experience they are trying to lure people to come see? That seems so sad.
We're talking about the same group of people who stand in line for 6 hours for a button (and sometimes a cupcake, if they're lucky). Disney knows they're marketing to easily-amused fans who will eat up anything that Disney tells them.

GiveMeTheMusic

I think (but don't quote me on this) the concept was for Soundsational to be modular in that way as well, with the drum units. They just threw the entire thing away for a 10-year-old rotting corpse of a parade!

Disney is so innovative and magical!
As long as you don't visit the US parks.

:D

Yup - even the main floats were designed to be easily redesigned and rebuilt with simple bases (hence the stairs on the mermaid float that exist for no one to use). Hilarious

FerretAfros

It’s a shame that people are just laughing off the thread comparing Toy Story Land to Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmead. They absolutely should be compared.
If I'm not mistaken, WWOHP's budget was $80M and TSL was $250M, right? Surely there's been some inflation in the last few years, but not 300%. And even so, the quality, technology, and elements included just don't match up.

Pixar Pier's budget has been reported somewhere around $50-60M, to (minimally) reskin existing structures and attractions. As someone who works in public infrastructure, Disney's budgets make infamously lavish government spending seem thrifty.

lazyboy97o

If I'm not mistaken, WWOHP's budget was $80M and TSL was $250M, right? Surely there's been some inflation in the last few years, but not 300%. And even so, the quality, technology, and elements included just don't match up.

Pixar Pier's budget has been reported somewhere around $50-60M, to (minimally) reskin existing structures and attractions. As someone who works in public infrastructure, Disney's budgets make infamously lavish government spending seem thrifty.
The $80 million was for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey with the entire land clocking in, I believe, around $280 million. Adjusting for inflation that’s about $325 million, or about a 30% premium over Toy Story Land.

What really sucks about the budget for Pixar Pier is that, despite what all of the defenders say about doing something small, it is more than enough money to build a fun little dark ride that would have added capacity and been its own curiosity to explore.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom