News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

JD2000

Any precedent to opening a new land in sections (i.e. Jessie's Critter Carousel and Inside Out rides not opening until a later date)?

D

Deleted member 107043

Mine in NJ did too. Which is insane considering nobody from here goes to Disneyland except for people whose family lives in CA. But I'm trying to convince people Disneyland is better but they just won't believe me, lol. There all like "what? I have to book my fastpasses that day when i'm in the park?!?!?!?!?" or "What? There are buildings taller than the castle???" and my favorite "What? You mean I don't have to take an hour after I parked my car to get into the Magic Kingdom while traveling on a tram and then ferry? That's bonkers."

No offense but some east coast people can be very ignorant when it comes to the west coast. I remember a very awkward conversation I once had at a cocktail party with a New Yorker who'd never been to California. He was shocked to learn that San Francisco had a subway system. His reaction was like I had told him there were airports on the Moon. 🙄

mickEblu

I feel the same way. It's better that they didn't call attention to the tubes, but now they are tough to ignore.

They re not as bad in person and the overcast sky isn’t doing them any favors either. I guess they fit the more cartoony style of Pixar Pier but overall I like the old Fun Wheel / Coaster color scheme more.

Animaniac93-98

Any precedent to opening a new land in sections (i.e. Jessie's Critter Carousel and Inside Out rides not opening until a later date)?

New Fantasyland at WDW opened in several pieces to help park capacity. Starting with Barnstormer and half of Dumbo (yes, really) in the spring of 2012 and finishing with the Mine Train in May 2014.

SuddenStorm

What do you mean? They totally get it. They’ re selling Death Star balloons in Town Square.

Death Star Balloons that are weird oval shapes, not perfect circles. I refuse to believe that they can make a balloon Mickey shaped, but can't make a balloon a perfect circle for the Death Star.

Disneylover152

No offense but some east coast people can be very ignorant when it comes to the west coast. I remember a very awkward conversation I once had at a cocktail party with a New Yorker who'd never been to California. He was shocked to learn that San Francisco had a subway system. His reaction was like I had told him there were airports on the Moon. 🙄

But assuming all east coasters are ignorant to the west coast that is wrong considering the fact when I went to California a lot of people were shocked that there were beaches and boardwalks in New Jersey/New York City. Like um... Coney Island? Wildwood? Atlantic City? I think you just met a wrong New Yorker... most aren't dumb.

It'd be wrong to assume that people on the west coast are ignorant with the east coast when you don't live here. Trust me, most people here have been to California and loves California. But people just don't go to Disneyland because it's smaller than WDW.

disneyC97

I love the focus on my obsession...the ugly wheel queue shade structure...though has he never been before the way he questions what it is?

RescueTheDay

Incredibles 2 has just broken all box office records for an animated film's opening weekend. http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/17/media/incredibles-2-box-office/index.html

So why the HECK can't a big company like Disney open their new Incredibles 2 roller coaster E Ticket the same weekend the movie opens in theaters? And why wasn't there a a wacky featurette from WDI and Pixar before the movie showing the creation of the Incredibles 2 roller coaster at Disneyland Resort and how everyone in that theater should be planning a trip to Anaheim after the movie to ride the Incredicoaster???

I swear, Disney likes to pretend that they are the masters at synergy and planning and marketing. And yet they drop the ball (Pixar Ball) big time continually. Disney's movie divisions don't seem to know the phone extension to the theme park division. And no one in Burbank seems to know how to market the theme parks successfully with their mega-hit movies. It's all so ham-fisted and lazy and ignorant.

Pixar Pier and Incredicoaster needed to open last Friday the same day the movie opened, and all weekend long while multiplexes around the country were packed with rabid Incredibles fans there should have been a silly yet interesting "Making of Incredicoaster" featurette before the movie that served as a soft sell advertisement for Disneyland Resort. And also show the cool new Incredibles float that also should have debuted in Paint The Night last Friday. :rolleyes:

And I'm an old guy without a Masters Degree in Marketing or hipster eyeglasses who thought of all that in 10 seconds sitting in my den.

The folks running Disney's marketing group are idiots. And the folks running the theme park operations and project management groups are also not smart. It kind of makes you worry how they are going to handle the Star Wars Land opening, doesn't it?

From someone who did go to school for marketing... You wouldn’t want to open both at the same time. If you did you would be pulling attention from the other. It’s best to focus on one thing. Heck, if it were up to me I would have put a couple more weeks between them to help push the movie after it’s been out for a few weeks.

dweezil78

From someone who did go to school for marketing... You wouldn’t want to open both at the same time. If you did you would be pulling attention from the other. It’s best to focus on one thing. Heck, if it were up to me I would have put a couple more weeks between them to help push the movie after it’s been out for a few weeks.

Exactly. You wouldn’t want one to cannibalize the other. (In this case opening weekend box office #s!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom