News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disneylover152

This new popcorn bucket is phenomenal. I expect you'll be getting one, @mickEblu, right?

Dfvhia6U0AEWNGX.jpg:large

tenor.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This new popcorn bucket is phenomenal. I expect you'll be getting one, @mickEblu, right?

Dfvhia6U0AEWNGX.jpg:large

Ok, I just want to comment on this. These are the ones offered in Movie Theaters not Disney Parks.

And the way I understand it, now I could be wrong, but the theater companies offering them pay Disney for the rights to make them.

They are clearly of lesser quality than the ones at Disney Parks.

mickEblu

Zero sarcasm. The team really has done a great job with the parameters they were forced into.

So they passed Chapeks test then? So since they passed, what happens now, more Pixar Piers? Or he can trust them with bigger projects that have budgets and give them some more creative freedom?

TragicMike

California Screamin' was already fun. Adding show elements was only going to make it a better ride. That was the one thing saving Pixar Pier for me, the fact that we were going to get an enhanced coaster out of it.

TROR

The only thing I expect from a roller coaster is that it's fun and thrilling so if it hits that then it's a success. I expect a lot more from a story driven roller coaster, however, such as full interior scenes, the track being hidden, not seeing supports, etc. which is why the Incredicoaster feels so weak to me. It's a far cry from Big Thunder Mountain.

GiveMeTheMusic

So they passed Chapeks test then? So since they passed, what happens now, more Pixar Piers? Or he can trust them with bigger projects that have budgets and give them some more creative freedom?

It wasn’t a test. Big budget creative strides are going to continue to happen in Asia. Chapek does not care for how expensive SWGE is, and is forcing WDI to make cuts wherever they can as the land progresses.

smile

I’m guessing the “storyline” is what it is to coincide with the sequel release.

all things being equal, the mostest synergisterrific! response tends to be the correct one

It wasn’t a test. Big budget creative strides are going to continue to happen in Asia. Chapek does not care for how expensive SWGE is, and is forcing WDI to make cuts wherever they can as the land progresses.

hmmm... the ol chap likes the idea of content behind a paywall and selling 100 toys from $25 as opposed to $50?

D

Deleted member 107043

Zero sarcasm. The team really has done a great job with the parameters they were forced into.

I have no idea what the parameters were, but based on what we're seeing it's apparent the designers had their hands tied. From a creative perspective, and excluding IP overload, and keeping in mind I haven't seen PP in person, I'd rate this as infinitely better than TL '98, but far short of the Fantasyland redo in '82.

GiveMeTheMusic

I have no idea what the parameters were, but based on what we're seeing it's apparent the designers had their hands tied. From a creative perspective, and excluding IP overload, and keeping in mind I haven't seen PP in person, I'd rate this as infinitely better than TL '98, but far short of the Fantasyland redo in '82.

Well, the parameters were to force a Pixar film storyline onto Screamin' on a shoestring budget. They did that, and again, let me stress to you that this experience will be superior at night.

Disneylover152

I got to say, but after seeing most of the buildings finish up construction, I really like the new architecture of most of the pier. I actually like the Pixar Promenade, the Incredicoaster area, the entrance area. I like the new color schemes too. The only architecture I hate is the stuff still, after 2 overhauls, from DCA 2001 (Fun Wheel cover and Critter Carousel). And also hate the names and the overall "theme" of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom