News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disneylover152

Am I correct that the wheel did get an impressive new marquee? (But the same awkward shade structure behind)

Yes.

(Ignore the red circle highlighting the Pixar Ball fountain, this was the only picture I could find.

Df3NOG5UYAAqpsh.jpg

britain

Looks like they are not removing that last billboard to give a view of the incredicoaster station as seen in the concept art

D

Deleted member 107043

A Coco billboard will be featured on the pier-

You can now see the multiplying Jack-Jacks (complete with White Poles sticking out of his body because that's immersive theming)

Looks like they might be able to spin.

I am not a fan of the red tubes. Enclosing them + the color makes them appear big and clunky.

Df1dxfBUEAAXkr_.jpg:large

Maybe they look better in person?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

I think they do TBH

I honestly didn't warm up to the colors of the Midway Mania building, fun wheel, and Pixar Pier sign on Incredicoaster until I saw them in person a few months ago. They look way better than pictures make them look.

Maybe they're just not as photogenic. In photos they tended to blend into the scenery and sky a lot better when they were blue and not fully enclosed.

disneyland_wide-f0a72df9b2f583f21e47aff6bd218aba6cde411a.jpg

I like all the other updates though. Although the Pixar IP is awkwardly integrated with the California seaside pier storytelling, the overall upgrades to the land's theming has turned out better than I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Incredibles 2 has just broken all box office records for an animated film's opening weekend. http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/17/media/incredibles-2-box-office/index.html

So why the HECK can't a big company like Disney open their new Incredibles 2 roller coaster E Ticket the same weekend the movie opens in theaters? And why wasn't there a a wacky featurette from WDI and Pixar before the movie showing the creation of the Incredibles 2 roller coaster at Disneyland Resort and how everyone in that theater should be planning a trip to Anaheim after the movie to ride the Incredicoaster???

I swear, Disney likes to pretend that they are the masters at synergy and planning and marketing. And yet they drop the ball (Pixar Ball) big time continually. Disney's movie divisions don't seem to know the phone extension to the theme park division. And no one in Burbank seems to know how to market the theme parks successfully with their mega-hit movies. It's all so ham-fisted and lazy and ignorant.

Pixar Pier and Incredicoaster needed to open last Friday the same day the movie opened, and all weekend long while multiplexes around the country were packed with rabid Incredibles fans there should have been a silly yet interesting "Making of Incredicoaster" featurette before the movie that served as a soft sell advertisement for Disneyland Resort. And also show the cool new Incredibles float that also should have debuted in Paint The Night last Friday. :rolleyes:

And I'm an old guy without a Masters Degree in Marketing or hipster eyeglasses who thought of all that in 10 seconds sitting in my den.

The folks running Disney's marketing group are idiots. And the folks running the theme park operations and project management groups are also not smart. It kind of makes you worry how they are going to handle the Star Wars Land opening, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Incredibles 2 has just broken all box office records for an animated film's opening weekend. http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/17/media/incredibles-2-box-office/index.html

So why the HECK can't a big company like Disney open their new Incredibles 2 roller coaster E Ticket the same weekend the movie opens in theaters? And why wasn't there a a wacky featurette from WDI and Pixar before the movie showing the creation of the Incredibles 2 roller coaster at Disneyland Resort and how everyone in that theater should be planning a trip to Anaheim after the movie to ride the Incredicoaster???

I swear, Disney likes to pretend that they are the masters at synergy and planning and marketing. And yet they drop the ball (Pixar Ball) big time continually. Disney's movie divisions don't seem to know the phone extension to the theme park division. And no one in Burbank seems to know how to market the theme parks successfully with their mega-hit movies. It's all so ham-fisted and lazy and ignorant.

Pixar Pier and Incredicoaster needed to open last Friday the same day the movie opened, and all weekend long while multiplexes around the country were packed with rabid Incredibles fans there should have been a silly yet interesting "Making of Incredicoaster" featurette before the movie that served as a soft sell advertisement for Disneyland Resort.

And I'm an old guy without a Masters Degree in Marketing or hipster eyeglasses who thought of all that in 10 seconds sitting in my den. The folks running Disney's marketing group are idiots. And the folks running the theme park operations and project management groups are also not smart. It kind of makes you worry how they are going to handle the Star Wars Land opening, doesn't it?

For what its worth my theater with the Thursday night showing ran the Pixar Pier ad prior to the preview/movie starting. Though Bay Area theaters tend to run the Disney Park ads I've found so might just be coincidence.

I was kinda expecting there to be some reference in the movie to the Incredicoaster at the end, but alas it didn't happen.

Disneylover152

For what its worth my theater with the Thursday night showing ran the Pixar Pier ad prior to the preview/movie starting.

Mine in NJ did too. Which is insane considering nobody from here goes to Disneyland except for people whose family lives in CA. But I'm trying to convince people Disneyland is better but they just won't believe me, lol. There all like "what? I have to book my fastpasses that day when i'm in the park?!?!?!?!?" or "What? There are buildings taller than the castle???" and my favorite "What? You mean I don't have to take an hour after I parked my car to get into the Magic Kingdom while traveling on a tram and then ferry? That's bonkers."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom