News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

This new popcorn bucket is phenomenal. I expect you'll be getting one, @mickEblu, right?

Dfvhia6U0AEWNGX.jpg:large

fctiger

Saw Incredibles 2 last night and it was awesome. A lot of laughs and like all Pixar films a lot of heart. Hopefully this along with Coco steer Pixar back on track to being the best animation studio in the world.

Plus it's killing it at the box office:

Walt Disney and Pixar’s Incredibles 2 just broke its first box office record, earning a dynamite $18.50 million in Thursday night previews. That bests the old record for an animated film, namely the $9.2m Thursday preview launch of Walt Disney and Pixar’s Finding Dory in 2016 (and the $6.2m Thursday launch of Minions three years ago). Barring some unusual frontloading, especially for an animated movie, it is now almost certain that Brad Bird’s 14-years-in-the-making superhero sequel will snag the record for a Fri-Sun animated launch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-office-incredibles-2-pixar-disney-tag-shrek/

Good to hear! Something has to take the stink off of Solo. ;) Will be watching it this weekend.

TROR

That Dash popcorn bucket really shows the level of care that they're putting into merchandise. I mean, come on. It looks horrible. Why didn't they do an Eve popcorn bucket? Or if they insist on the Incredibles and a head, they should have done Jack Jack, since his face is round.
Probably not as marketable, but I think the robot from the first movie would've been a great popcorn bucket.

SuddenStorm

Probably not as marketable, but I think the robot from the first movie would've been a great popcorn bucket.

Jack Jack gets more focus in the new film than Dash does. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge demand for Jack Jack stuff now.

But yeah, Eve definitely isn't as popular- a decade old character for a film that isn't as merchandised.

BasiltheBatLord

I know this will probably sound like a typical Disneyland fan nit-picking minor details of an IP change, but I'm really going to miss the billboards along the wall as you come down into the pier (the ones whose replacements were shown today). I hope they were preserved somewhere.

Rich T

Jack Jack gets more focus in the new film than Dash does. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge demand for Jack Jack stuff now.

But yeah, Eve definitely isn't as popular- a decade old character for a film that isn't as merchandised.
I'm now picturing a gaggle of large mouse-ear wearing Disney fans wolfing down popcorn they're grabbing in fistfulls from plastic baby-heads. I won't sleep tonight.

Curious Constance

I'm already cringing at the thought of having to hear baby cackle on the Incredicoaster as Jack Jack evades everyone's attempts at capturing him.

Luckily, I won't be back to the resort for likely a long time.

Curious Constance

This new popcorn bucket is phenomenal. I expect you'll be getting one, @mickEblu, right?

Dfvhia6U0AEWNGX.jpg:large

Okay this is the second thing that has terrified me today. I saw a recent picture of Johnny Depp earlier today. Egads.

my ten year old's opinion of the popcorn bucket, "It's Incredibly terrifying"
I mean come on? How does any other kid have a chance of measuring up to that?

BrianLo

Incredicoaster is going to be really fun. The coaster itself is already fun, and the show elements are great for a coaster where you're going so fast you'll barely be able to see them anyway.

Ride it at night.

I honestly cannot tell the enthusiasm sarcasm breakdown of this post. I need percentages!

It's weird how much of a blend of good and awful this change is.

Lol, we need percentages for this too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom