News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

It strikes me now acutally that this event is likely catered to vloggers who turn to their Patreon money for stuff like this just so they can report back to their fanbase "first"...and then seek more Patreons to keep their channels afloat.

Is there not a free press event being held for the media?

dweezil78

It strikes me now acutally that this event is likely catered to vloggers who turn to their Patreon money for stuff like this just so they can report back to their fanbase "first"...and then seek more Patreons to keep their channels afloat.

That was the theory earlier -- but I believe there's an actual media day a few days before the event and anyone who's actually profiting off of making videos will probably be there.

D

Deleted member 107043

Those were cute!!! See, those were not obnoxious. They were hand-drawn, witty bits of Roger-Rabbit era fun.
And, no, I can't explain myself any further. Did I mention how much I hate Edna Mode? Oh...um, yeah, there's that. :D

Hey, at least you own your bias, which is practically unheard of on a Disney park fan site.

Rich T

FWIW, this beloved spot came out a full year+ before Disney acquired Star Wars. I suspect had it been released today instead, you would be far more outraged by it.

Naw, I don't care for SW anymore, so SW can hawk bug spray for all I care. And I'm annoyed, by the Edna Mode commercial, not outraged.

By the way...That ad with Vader going on rides at DL? I enjoyed that more than any SW project since 1977. :)

Rich T

FWIW, this beloved spot came out a full year+ before Disney acquired Star Wars. I suspect had it been released today instead, you would be far more outraged by it.

P.S. Please, please don't use the word "beloved" when describing a commercial. Family members are beloved. Best friends are beloved. Commercials deserve "well-liked" at best. :D

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Is there not a free press event being held for the media?
That was the theory earlier -- but I believe there's an actual media day a few days before the event and anyone who's actually profiting off of making videos will probably be there.
There very likely will be. Though I would like to think (more like hope) Disney's criteria for what qualifies someone to be considered "media" doesn't include any and every Joe Schmoe with a YouTube channel where they shout from a couch in their mom's basement, and ask for your money to further their hobby/career lifestyle.

Rich T

Also, seeing Jeff Goldblum in the JW2 car ad was worse.

I mean, what if the likeness of Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins had been used as a sugar-sweetened cereal prize? Oh... wait... that happened.
mpcerealprize.jpg

Mine lasted out of the box for about ninety seconds.
(EDIT) Life was simpler when bees were cowboys.

Last edited:

dweezil78

P.S. Please, please don't use the word "beloved" when describing a commercial. Family members are beloved. Best friends are beloved. Commercials deserve "well-liked" at best. :D

I think that one qualifies though... People not only loved that commercial, but also had a personal attachment to the kid in it as he was suffering from a heart condition and it was such a big deal for him to be in it. I remember it being a fairly big story at the time it came out.

Ismael Flores

Anybody else annoyed by those vents on top of the tubes?

mmmmmmm, maybe but not really. DO think they could have placed them on the other side of the tube away from sitelines. Do we know if they are vents or projectors? If they are projectors then maybe they needed to be there.

I'm more annoyed that we don't see Mr. incredibles lower body sticking out of the tube. In one of the show scenes he is suppose to be punching his way intoone of the tubes to catch baby. Why don't we see the rest of him sticking out of the tube. now that I'm annoyed about. it would have been funny to see that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom