News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

lnwh.gif
Very possibly not in the budget

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Yeah not sure the answer. I wouldn't directly point to budget just yet. There might have been a logistical reason, not sure. But it does seem strange to leave just one side open. It does seem like with the recent changes to existing attractions that they try to add something for the purists. Like with the new scene and adding back the old voices replacing the mist in PotC. So maybe this was to preserve a little of the old tubes while adding the new show scenes. I'm sure there are rumors but we may never know.

TROR

You know what's weird? The theme/story of this coaster is that it's themed to the Incredibles and then the Incredibles lose Jack Jack on the coaster. But other than the static figures, which are supposed to be the real characters and not part of the ride, none of it has anything to do with the Incredibles. I guess the loading station house, but other than that? No. Nothing. Not even an "i" in the loop. It's so weird. Is it supposed to be like four layers of meta or something and a jab at Six Flags' way of doing "themed" coasters to superheroes?

mickEblu

Coco - 7/10.

I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. It was as cute as it was predictable. I actually found myself wanting more musical numbers.

Is it a perfect film? No. But it definitely is slightly above average for Pixar fare. I don't think it will unseat any of my top 5, but that's OK.

I actually thought the same thing when I left the theatres - I wanted more songs. However, on repeat watches with my son, I realized the songs that are in the movie are great and when taken in consideration with the score, the movie has a very solid soundtrack.

mickEblu

You know what's weird? The theme/story of this coaster is that it's themed to the Incredibles and then the Incredibles lose Jack Jack on the coaster. But other than the static figures, which are supposed to be the real characters and not part of the ride, none of it has anything to do with the Incredibles. I guess the loading station house, but other than that? No. Nothing. Not even an "i" in the loop. It's so weird. Is it supposed to be like four layers of meta or something and a jab at Six Flags' way of doing "themed" coasters to superheroes?

Lol. Great point.

Ismael Flores

I'm not up to date to some of this stuff like so many of you are but can someone explain why would they remake and brand the entire area to Pixar and yet oddly keep the Mickey face on the Fun Wheel? What's the rationale?

Its so bizarre they went out of their way for this to feel very Pixar and yet literally the face of the area is of Mickey Mouse. Why not put Woody or Wall E on the wheel?

I'm actually glad they left Mickey instead of adding a Pixar character. Mickey is the Ambassador of all Disney and the one that started it all.

Mickey is to all Disney owned animated character like black is to any color in the spectrum, it goes well with it.
besides the Mickey is only really visible from Paradise Park and not from within Pixar Pier.

Ismael Flores

Although back when they announced the DCA Remake in 2007 there were plans to upgrade that stretch of the boardwalk as well, and make it look like this...
2a3abfeb2f4c1ae4a5a17a6d68577e9d.jpg

Really wish they would reconsider adding that nice structure on the far left side of this artwork. That small tall booth would do wonders to hide the ugly coaster support. Although they somewhat did a good job in covering them up the last time, those home depot plastic fencing they put up to cover many of the supports are really ugly.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Silly TROR, you're clearly forgetting about the new Incredibles thematic color scheme for the coaster which is...red.

Actually, nevermind. You're absolutely correct. Yeeesh. It scares me that people get paid to come up with this stuff.

dweezil78

I'm actually glad they left Mickey instead of adding a Pixar character. Mickey is the Ambassador of all Disney and the one that started it all.

Mickey is to all Disney owned animated character like black is to any color in the spectrum, it goes well with it.
besides the Mickey is only really visible from Paradise Park and not from within Pixar Pier.

Not having Mickey there for the WoC opening would just be weird I think. Even though it makes no sense having him in Pixar Pier, I'm glad they kept him there for the part facing outward.

Disney Analyst

Isn't the story "They've invited the Incredibles to the Grand Opening of a Roller Coaster named after/dedicated to them"

Rich T

This will likely irritate a lot of folks here, but most of this stuff is aimed at young kids and parents. Yeah, as fans we generally take it all very seriously, but try to have some perspective. Even the most passionate Disneyland fan has their limit for how much "Disney magic" they can tolerate, and if you're an adult living in a household without grade school aged kids a large portion of what Disneyland Resort is peddling isn't going to appeal to you.
The best of Disney appeals to everyone, though (well, not *literally• everyone). I'm glad to hear I2 is a good flick. And I know I'm in the minority when I say seeing Edna Mode hawking Chryslers during the Yankees/Mets Subway Series made me NOT want to give Disney any of my money. :)

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

The best of Disney appeals to everyone, though (well, not *literally• everyone). I'm glad to hear I2 is a good flick. And I know I'm in the minority when I say seeing Edna Mode hawking Chryslers during the Yankees/Mets Subway Series made ne NOT want to give Disney any of my money. :)

but that's really nothing new, Disney and every other studios has always used co-sponsors that integrate their movie characters with product.

dweezil78

The best of Disney appeals to everyone, though (well, not *literally• everyone). I'm glad to hear I2 is a good flick. And I know I'm in the minority when I say seeing Edna Mode hawking Chryslers during the Yankees/Mets Subway Series made ne NOT want to give Disney any of my money. :)

FYI — when you see stuff like that Chrysler tie-in, you should know that Chrysler is paying Disney a LOT for the rights to use Edna + whatever creative costs were needed to animate/cut the spot. Disney doesn’t pay a single cent for that kind of thing.

truecoat

FYI — when you see stuff like that Chrysler tie-in, you should know that Chrysler is paying Disney a LOT for the rights to use Edna + whatever creative costs were needed to animate/cut the spot. Disney doesn’t pay a single cent for that kind of thing.

Is she really being used by Chrysler or the Chrysler umbrella? Chrysler itself is down to selling 2 cars (300 and Pacifica) now and word was that the brand was going to the wayside.

dweezil78

Is she really being used by Chrysler or the Chrysler umbrella? Chrysler itself is down to selling 2 cars (300 and Pacifica) now and word was that the brand was going to the wayside.

Not sure , didn’t see the spot. Same point applies regardless of brand though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom