News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

VJ

It is different. They usually do this in a retail environment, such as outside a shop. Their world-famous attractions should not hawk snacks as part of the ride. The orange smells on Soarin' are for effect only. You don't exit into an Orange Julius. Yet.
Exactly my thinking. Ambience is one thing, hitting Guests over the head with "go buy this! NOW!" inside of attractions themselves is another.

VJ

Atleast you guys aren't getting a baby race like Tomorrowland is in Florida...

"Jack-Jack Diaper Dash 12pm daily - Register to participate in the babies crawling race at the stage starting at 10:30am. Space is limited."

A baby race is fine for a cruise ship, but not for a theme park.
I literally rolled my eyes.

Rich T

@Rich T Just to trigger you

IMG_8312-1.jpg
How tasteful of them to portray him in a scene that will make *EVERYONE* who has actually seen the film think of his death.
It's so wrong. It's so greedy. It's so tasteless. It's so 2018 Disney.

Rich T

This strikes me as a tad unrealistic as it puts a huge burden on designers and it's incredibly restrictive. Very small children can't ride Matterhorn Bobsleds and most teens aren't going be rushing to ride Story Book Land Canal Boats, and yet it all works. Being a family park shouldn't mean that every ride, attraction, shop, eatery, or show is intended for every age group.
Agree. But teens CAN ride Storybook Land if they want to. What I don't like is the strict Kiddie/Non Kiddie divide you see at Six Flags and most other non-Disney parks. As far as I know, DL only had one such ride (Midget Autopia).

D

Deleted member 107043

Agree. But teens CAN ride Storybook Land if they want to. What I don't like is the strict Kiddie/Non Kiddie divide you see at Six Flags and most other non-Disney parks. As far as I know, DL only had one such ride (Midget Autopia).

I thought adults could ride everything in A Bug's Land?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How tasteful of them to portray him in a scene that will make *EVERYONE* who has actually seen the film think of his death.
It's so wrong. It's so greedy. It's so tasteless. It's so 2018 Disney.

Now this is an honest question I've had since you've posted it now dozens of times, did Bing Bong really die? Or since he is really just an idea that blinked into existence out of nothingness does he just go back to where he came from, nothingness.

This is really a bigger philosophical question than should be had on this forum, but its an honest question. I don't think you can take the scene at face value.

Phroobar

Also, I'm literally mad with Disney, calling June 23 as the Grand opening.

If it was really a grand opening, the entire land would be open on that day. Any other theme park could get this done in 6 months. Why can't Disney? That ferris wheel sat empty with nobody working on it for months. The Incredicoaster queue sat empty for months. The boardwalk games sat empty for months. Nothing began construction until the end of March with the exception of the Incredicoaster.

I just don't get it. If Universal did this, they would have the entire land finished by June 23. Not just opening 3 rides now and leaving a carousel, a spinner, and an entire store empty for the grand opening, opening god only knows when.

I'm not just disappointed with the quality of this land, I'm disappointed with Disney's lack of urge to finish it in time. It shouldn't take 6 months for this entire land to be completed. I mean, look at Sesame Place (a theme park in Pennsylvania). They added an entire wooden coaster with a themed queue and new buildings and a new park area of the park in 2 months. Why is this taking so long?
If it were Magic Mountain, they would have broken ground six months ago for a new ride and with only three weeks left actually build the ride and landscape it.

D

Deleted member 107043

Not without looking like a Vlogger.

LOL. #truth

OK, that's fine, but they can ride, so it's unclear now what your point was about A Bug's Land. It sounded like you were saying it was exclusively accessible to children.

If it were Magic Mountain, they would have broken ground six months ago for a new ride and with only three weeks left actually build the ride and landscape it.

Right? 6 months for a project like this is warp speed for Disneyland. I can't recall them doing anything at this scale this quickly.

Phroobar

LOL. #truth

OK, that's fine, but they can ride, so it's unclear now what your point was about A Bug's Land. It sounded like you were saying it was exclusively accessible to children.

Right? 6 months for a project like this is warp speed for Disneyland. I can't recall them doing anything at this scale this quickly.
Took them a year to glue macaroni to the Tower of Terror.

Rich T

Now this is an honest question I've had since you've posted it now dozens of times, did Bing Bong really die? Or since he is really just an idea that blinked into existence out of nothingness does he just go back to where he came from, nothingness.

This is really a bigger philosophical question than should be had on this forum, but its an honest question. I don't think you can take the scene at face value.
In the context of the film's universe, where emotions are people, yes, Bing Bong died. In the big picture, he's a victim of Riley growing up; he faded like many childhood memories. But, story-wise, he chose to sacrifice himself to save Joy (and ultimately Riley's psyche). But whichever way you look at it, it's a heartbreaking scene--one of the saddest in any Disney or Pixar film.

And then some person involved in the Pier makeover thinks, "Candy Tears! Ka-Ching!"

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
In the context of the film's universe, where emotions are people, yes, Bing Bong died. In the big picture, he's a victim of Riley growing up; he faded like many childhood memories. But, story-wise, he chose to sacrifice himself to save Joy (and ultimately Riley's psyche). But whichever you look at it, it's a heartbreaking scene--one of the saddest in any Disney or Pixar film.

And then some person involved in the Pier makeover thinks, "Candy Tears! Ka-Ching!"

Hey I *hiccup* gottanidea.. what about, what about a "Pixar Pier"? With-a, with Bing Bing Candy, and-a incredicoaster?

Drunk-Baby.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In the context of the film's universe, where emotions are people, yes, Bing Bong died. In the big picture, he's a victim of Riley growing up; he faded like many childhood memories. But, story-wise, he chose to sacrifice himself to save Joy (and ultimately Riley's psyche). But whichever you look at it, it's a heartbreaking scene--one of the saddest in any Disney or Pixar film.

Not saying its not heartbreaking, I just think there are many ways to look at it. Basically its not just cut and dry as he died, that is just one of many ways to interpret it.

As for as Disney cashing in on it, well its really just referential. And really you can look at it as Disney could be saying he is still alive.

Animaniac93-98

I posted in the WDW vet guide as well, but it looks like the center WOC platform has sunk. It’s unclear if the show will be able to return as scheduled June 22.

So come GRAND OPENING June 23rd WoC may not be ready, along with the Carousel, Inside Out section, or all retail/dining options...

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.jpg

But Disney still wants your $300...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom