News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

@Rich T Just to trigger you

IMG_8312-1.jpg

Opening later this year, Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff features Bing Bong, Riley’s imaginary childhood friend from “Inside Out.” Stepping inside, guests will find a fully sculpted Bing Bong sitting in his makeshift rocket wagon crying tears of candy. To his right is Jangles the Clown, offering guests a cooling frozen beverage; and across the shop, Rainbow Unicorn runs the most colorful and cheerful candy corner.

Curious Constance

The more I read from MiceChat, the more I'm convinced they've sold out to get on the nice list:

"ANGRY DOGS AT PIXAR PIER (Disney•Pixar) – The angrier he gets, the hotter the dogs. Again, look a the Instagramable photo op. A lot of attention has been paid to creating photographable food and decor in this new land. "

felipenor

While I unequivocally disagree with you, I am curious to know why you think Mystic Manor would not be a popular attraction for DLR.
I didn't mean it wouldn't be a popular attraction. I mean, people will ride it, of course. I just meant that most people will not be "Oh, have you seen that new Mystic Manor ride at DCA? I definitely need to go book a trip to Disneyland to ride it." Whether we like it or not, it's way easier for them to sell the public an Incredibles coaster, and no matter how basic it is, it'll probably attract more people to the park then Mystic Manor.

TROR

I didn't mean it wouldn't be a popular attraction. I mean, people will ride it, of course. I just meant that most people will not be "Oh, have you seen that new Mystic Manor ride at DCA? I definitely need to go book a trip to Disneyland to ride it." Whether we like it or not, it's way easier for them to sell the public an Incredibles coaster, and no matter how basic it is, it'll probably attract more people to the park then Mystic Manor.
I honestly doubt this. Quality will always attract more people than a quick overlay.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I honestly doubt this. Quality will always attract more people than a quick overlay.

Its hard to have that conversation (again and again) without any real data, otherwise its just opinion. And since wait times, as have been stated by yourself and others, is not a good data point we have nothing to go on. So its all just opinion.

Ismael Flores

I’m still trying to figure out how most of these static figures and show scenes are going to be decernible when you’re whizzing by at 50+ mph. Then they’ll shoot cookie smells at you. From where?

well to be fair, it seems like the only show scene which will have you zooming past it is the dash scene. The other scenes are mostly when the coaster is going up or at slower pace.

Last edited:

mlayton144

View attachment 285825

Yep. I took this photo this past Monday and you can see that the center of the middle platform is under water. Did not see anyone working on it although its likely they went home since this was taken after 6pm. Show is still on the schedule to resume on the 22nd next month but depending on the work needed to fix this they may have to delay its return

Hmmmmm - we just can’t think of any ideas for a new ride , wait ..... let’s make a Ferris wheel as most people have never experienced such a thing , and to make this really special we will put Mickey Mouse’s face on it , wait let’s also make this the icon of the park like sleeping beauty’s castle , spaceship earth or the tree of life .... all to a standing ovation in the planning room . I want to vomit

Disneylover152

Atleast you guys aren't getting a baby race like Tomorrowland is in Florida...

"Jack-Jack Diaper Dash 12pm daily - Register to participate in the babies crawling race at the stage starting at 10:30am. Space is limited."

A baby race is fine for a cruise ship, but not for a theme park.

GiveMeTheMusic

I posted in the WDW vet guide as well, but it looks like the center WOC platform has sunk. It’s unclear if the show will be able to return as scheduled June 22.

Disneylover152

Also, I'm literally mad with Disney, calling June 23 as the Grand opening.

If it was really a grand opening, the entire land would be open on that day. Any other theme park could get this done in 6 months. Why can't Disney? That ferris wheel sat empty with nobody working on it for months. The Incredicoaster queue sat empty for months. The boardwalk games sat empty for months. Nothing began construction until the end of March with the exception of the Incredicoaster.

I just don't get it. If Universal did this, they would have the entire land finished by June 23. Not just opening 3 rides now and leaving a carousel, a spinner, and an entire store empty for the grand opening, opening god only knows when.

I'm not just disappointed with the quality of this land, I'm disappointed with Disney's lack of urge to finish it in time. It shouldn't take 6 months for this entire land to be completed. I mean, look at Sesame Place (a theme park in Pennsylvania). They added an entire wooden coaster with a themed queue and new buildings and a new park area of the park in 2 months. Why is this taking so long?

D

Deleted member 107043

I see your point, but I do think Bug's Land was a mistake to begin with: Disney should build "family" rides (as they've done in DL), not "kiddie rides".

This strikes me as a tad unrealistic as it puts a huge burden on designers and it's incredibly restrictive. Very small children can't ride Matterhorn Bobsleds and most teens aren't going be rushing to ride Story Book Land Canal Boats, and yet it all works. Being a family park shouldn't mean that every ride, attraction, shop, eatery, or show is intended for every age group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom