News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Suspirian

Took them a year to glue macaroni to the Tower of Terror.

They're purposely prolonging their projects so it seems like they're doing more work than they're actually doing

15956180.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

I’m still hoping that they surprise us.
Maybe they are in the process of removing the AA’s from the bugs theater and relocating them to Pixar Pier. Now how cool would it be to have a picture spot with the animatronic Hopper and the flick upside AA.

They can even have the flea too. Lol

Yeah yeah I know wishful thinking

I hadn't thought of that! Great idea. I'm guessing those AAs will be repurposed for Marvel Land though.

Ismael Flores

Are you saying that you believe people are going to make an international trip to ride the Incredicoaster?

Funny thing, a few weeks ago I met a family from Canada that flew in because they were Pixar fans.
They were ten in the group. Two couples with kids and one set of grandparents. They wanted to see Pixar Fest before the busy summer season.
I mentioned to them that they missed Pixar Pier by almost two months and they said that just realized that so they were going to come back for the holidays so theyou could see Pixar Pier an de get holiday stuff as a bonus.
Some people live Harry Potter others like Star Wars others like marvel and it seems others like Pixar

Last edited:

No Name

But IP rides or areas attract more people and generate more buzz. Some people are planning to travel around the globe next year for Galaxy's Edge. Who would make an international trip to ride Mystic Manor?

Tons of people... many on this forum alone. And you can bet they aren't going primarily for the Iron Man Experience or anything else you would consider to be an IP.

dweezil78

Wasn't me, sorry I didn't even notice the tweet above the photo.

Well, they've never just cut out a chunk of the platform before. Or can that small area be lowered separately??

Edit to add:

Sounds like the platform broke.

Ouch! Well shoot, that’s no good. Wonder what caused it?

VJ

In the context of the film's universe, where emotions are people, yes, Bing Bong died. In the big picture, he's a victim of Riley growing up; he faded like many childhood memories. But, story-wise, he chose to sacrifice himself to save Joy (and ultimately Riley's psyche). But whichever way you look at it, it's a heartbreaking scene--one of the saddest in any Disney or Pixar film.

And then some person involved in the Pier makeover thinks, "Candy Tears! Ka-Ching!"
How do you feel about the "long live the king" scene in World of Color? I feel like both examples (Bing Bong and Lion King) are along the same lines of emotional cheapness.

VJ

I’m still hoping that they surprise us.
Maybe they are in the process of removing the AA’s from the bugs theater and relocating them to Pixar Pier. Now how cool would it be to have a picture spot with the animatronic Hopper and the flick upside AA.

They can even have the flea too. Lol

Yeah yeah I know wishful thinking
If it's not announced with a splashy, buzzword-filled post on the Disney Parks Blog... don't count on it, buddy.

Rich T

LOL. #truth

OK, that's fine, but they can ride, so it's unclear now what your point was about A Bug's Land. It sounded like you were saying it was exclusively accessible to children.
I should have said that teens can ride Storybook Land and actually experience a good ride. Things like Ladybug Boogie and the slow motion bump 'em bugs are on par with carnival kiddie rides you'd see unpacked off a trailer for a neighborhood street carnival. They shouldn't be in a Disney park, nor should tiny Dumbo-esque clones like little bumblebees or tiny carousels like Pony Carts and such. Those are the kind of rides I'm talking about.

Flik's Flyers blurs the line and is a step toward being an actual family ride. And I confess I've ridden Heimlich's Chew Chew train (which would actually be a good family ride if it weren't just five seconds long). :D

Rich T

How do you feel about the "long live the king" scene in World of Color? I feel like both examples (Bing Bong and Lion King) are along the same lines of emotional cheapness.
I don't like World of Color much, but--for sure--Simba calling out, "Dad?" is the low point. I'm surprised they don't immediately follow it up with a gunshot and Bambi calling out, "Mother?"

truecoat

Agree %100. And I had a raised eyebrow about them selling cookies outside of a looped roller coaster queue and exit.

I wouldn't put it past Disney management to have cookies integrated into the story for purposes of subliminal advertising.

You must not have watched the trailers....

Jack Jack cookie.jpg

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just make sure your Incredicar is locked or it might get carJack-Jacked.

:hilarious:

You must not have watched the trailers....

Nope, haven't seen the trailers nor do I care. I'm starting to feel the same way about Star Wars and Marvel too. Not that they aren't good, I just feel like they've all been tired. I casually enjoy stuff like this but not when I'm force fed every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom