News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
As riders circle through the final helix, they hear the voice of Edna Mode telling the family that Jack-Jack has returned to her, safe and sound. As the track straightens out, riders return to a chaotic and messy VIP lounge with one last surprise that guests are sure to enjoy.

Aaaand just like M:B, the story is pointless and the riders are useless. Look I really don't mind the Incredibles thing that much, but to make the entire attraction revolve around an escaped baby who ends up returning despite all the characters efforts? It's just so dumb.

Disney Analyst

Watch the expletive man. It hurts my sensitive little eyes.

Wasn't me, sorry I didn't even notice the tweet above the photo.

WOC is currently closed for refurb/maintenance, right? Why would anyone be freaking out that part of the show system is missing (or maybe even just submerged) during refurb?

Well, they've never just cut out a chunk of the platform before. Or can that small area be lowered separately??

Edit to add:

Sounds like the platform broke.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I see your point, but I do think Bug's Land was a mistake to begin with: Disney should build "family" rides (as they've done in DL), not "kiddie rides". Splitting rides into adult/kids is very Six Flags. If they do insist on going that route, though (and it's perfectly reasonable for DCA to carve its own niche and not copy DL) they could have installed a dumbo-type ride or a teacup-style ride -- But we all know this is happening because recycling is less expensive. And, again, a terrible representation of one of their best IPs. Beyond the awful pun of the name, what about this ride has anything at all to do with Inside Out?

You have a lot more faith in their Big Picture than I do, and I honestly hope you're right and I'm wrong about where this is all heading.

I guess you see Dumbo as a different type of ride. Other than the articulation, its a basic spinner flat ride. Flik's (and Inside Out) is no different. Its just a different themed spinner flat ride, but still in the same class of rides as Dumbo. Now we don't know what other features Inside Out may have. It may have some basic articulation allowing for up and down movement like Dumbo. Or it may just be a basic spinner like Flik's with no additional features.

Suspirian

Just watched a bunch of the videos of the press conference today for Pixar Pier.

Everything in the land, as we already know when considering the food carts, has been designed to be instagrammable. Disneyland is already the most instagrammed place on earth. This is because of good cinematic theme park design. Good composition. Good wienies. Good detail. It wasn't designed to be instagrammable but it is. Paradise Pier was already grammable, featuring mickeys fun wheel etc. Some of the architecture they're adding will be nice and photogenic, but much of what they mean by "instagrammable" is kitsch food stalls and hokey cardboard cutout characters guests can pose with.

This screams out of touch lol.

Emmanuel

Wasn't me, sorry I didn't even notice the tweet above the photo.

Well, they've never just cut out a chunk of the platform before. Or can that small area be lowered separately??

Edit to add:

Sounds like the platform broke.

IMG_5515.jpg

Yep. I took this photo this past Monday and you can see that the center of the middle platform is under water. Did not see anyone working on it although its likely they went home since this was taken after 6pm. Show is still on the schedule to resume on the 22nd next month but depending on the work needed to fix this they may have to delay its return

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Aaaand just like M:B, the story is pointless and the riders are useless. Look I really don't mind the Incredibles thing that much, but to make the entire attraction revolve around an escaped baby who ends up returning despite all the characters efforts? It's just so dumb.
To me, this the problem of retro-fitting a "story" onto an attraction that didn't require one the first time. I highly doubt anyone who rode the original California Screamin' got off and thought, "you know, I liked it, but I wish it had some weak-@$$ narrative attached to it so I'd enjoy it more." Also, it could just be me, but the last thing I want after getting off a looped roller coaster is to go off and eat cookies...:hungover:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To me, this the problem of retro-fitting a "story" onto an attraction that didn't require one the first time. I highly doubt anyone who rode the original California Screamin' got off and thought, "you know, I liked it, but I wish it had some weak-@$$ narrative attached to it so I'd enjoy it more." Also, it could just be me, but the last thing I want after getting off a looped roller coaster is to go off and eat cookies...:hungover:

You're gonna be surprised, but I actually agree with you. Screamin' didn't NEED a story, really no roller coaster does. But I'm interested to see how the experience is first hand. A lot of things described on paper don't actually do justice to the actual first hand experience.

However I'll disagree about the cookies, after smelling them while mid-ride it'll be hard to say no.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

You're gonna be surprised, but I actually agree with you. Screamin' didn't NEED a story, really no roller coaster does. But I'm interested to see how the experience is first hand. A lot of things described on paper don't actually do justice to the actual first hand experience.

However I'll disagree about the cookies, after smelling them while mid-ride it'll be hard to say no.
friends-yep.gif
;)

Rich T

I guess you see Dumbo as a different type of ride. Other than the articulation, its a basic spinner flat ride. Flik's (and Inside Out) is no different. Its just a different themed spinner flat ride, but still in the same class of rides as Dumbo. Now we don't know what other features Inside Out may have. It may have some basic articulation allowing for up and down movement like Dumbo. Or it may just be a basic spinner like Flik's with no additional features.
Dumbo is mildly thrilling and scenic enough (and it's DUMBO :D) for anyone to enjoy. Tiny children do not generally ride it alone. And it's interactive. Mood Swings is Flik's Flyers: Sit n' do nothin'. And, again, the ride has nothing to do with Inside Out beyond the pun name, and its motion is identical to the other to hang-and-revolve rides it's being located right next to. This is all being done because it's a cheap recycling move.

Rich T

Riiiigggghhhhtttt, they spent Millions to make Thousands off cookies. lol ;)
Think about it.

"Now that people take phone pictures of their ride photos, Screamin' doesn't produce income. Wait. What if we tempt riders into wanting a snack after they get off? If even one-quarter of the riders get off and spend $2.00 or more on a cookie..."

You *know* this conversation probably went down somewhere in Disney's hallowed offices. :D

Yes, it is ridiculous. And it is happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Dumbo is mildly thrilling and scenic enough (and it's DUMBO :D) for anyone to enjoy. Tiny children do not generally ride it alone. And it's interactive. Mood Swings is Flik's Flyers: Sit n' do nothin'. And, again, the ride has nothing to do with Inside Out beyond the pun name, and its motion is identical to the other to hang-and-revolve rides it's being located right next to. This is all being done because it's a cheap recycling move.

You're trying to state experience makes them different types of ride systems, they aren't. They are both spinner flat rides, plain and simple. The experience might be different due to many factors like surroundings, theme, additional features, etc. But the end of the day the rides themselves at the core are the exact same thing. Just like Astro Jets, tea cups, and numerous others. They are all spinner flat rides.

Ismael Flores

Also from MiceChat on the Incredicoaster. Spoilers ahead:

Here’s Disney’s point by point description of the attraction. . . final warning . . . major spoilers ahead:

Incredicoaster Scenes:

Straight away, Dash sprints into action in an attempt to catch Jack-Jack, launching guests on the adventure with him. As the coaster zooms through the first tunnel, Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash uses his super speed to avoid being hit.

IMG_8300-1.jpg
Is this another one of those trick color schemes?

description says "Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash uses his super speed to avoid being hit"

They don't look blue to me.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I'm sorry, but... not only is this makeover stupid, now it's insulting as well. They're going to pummel rider's senses with cookie smells in an attempt to get people to buy cookies after riding.

This is what Disney is becoming. This is what they think of their IPs. It ain't pretty.
They forever want you to associate The Incredibles with cookies. Pavlov would be proud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom