News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TP2000

I like how The Incredibles inspired Incredibles Park.

I'm still reserving judgment on this whole thing, and I do like the new paint colors and aesthetics so far. But...

The press releases on Pixar Pier set a new low for corporate messaging BS. It's just words, words, words. And there's apparently a rule that your quarterly bonus depends on how many times you can use the words "Inspired by", "beloved", "immersive" and "whimsical". You get double points towards your bonus for "Inspired by".

Their recent messaging just seems so pukey and fake and vapid. It doesn't help their cause here.

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I knew you would bring that up. But that is the only example of that. To me there is no similarity between Tron and SM other than both being a roller coaster.

Anyways its just my opinion. Tomorrow Disney could announce that Mystic Manor is coming to DCA, and I'd be fine with it.
lol. The fact that there is an example just proves that Disney really doesn't care. And at this point, I think we can both agree that Disney "caring" about things like thematic integrity or ride placement is not high on their priority list.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
lol. The fact that there is an example just proves that Disney really doesn't care. And at this point, I think we can both agree that Disney "caring" about things like thematic integrity or ride placement is not high on their priority list.

To me it was never really about thematic integrity. To me its about Haunted Mansion/Mystic Manor basically being the same attraction. But yes Disney doesn't care as much as some would like.

But I think we can both agree that at this point the likelihood of Mystic Manor coming to DCA is pretty slim.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

To me it was never really about thematic integrity. To me its about Haunted Mansion/Mystic Manor basically being the same attraction. But yes Disney doesn't care as much as some would like.

But I think we can both agree that at this point the likelihood of Mystic Manor coming to DCA is pretty slim.
Thematic integrity was more a general comment.

And at this point the likelihood of ANY fan-based good improvement ideas is pretty slim :)

smile

pukey and fake and vapid

rampant, i'd say...
the following is a verbatim quote from the mouth of an imagineer attempting to explain why it is that guests must be shrunk to the size of a green army man in order to properly immerse in the new toy story land at dhs:

so, from the beginning, you will feel like you are one of andy's toys, as we are shrinking you down to the size of a toy because the grasses and the planting in your entire backyard is going to be surrounding you!

defense rests.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And at this point the likelihood of ANY fan-based good improvement ideas is pretty slim :)

The question is if that good idea is something that matches with company goals. Because its easy to armchair Imagineer but when put into the position of having to make a multi-Billion dollar decision, that is much harder and most if not all of us would fail.

Having read these and other fan boards for over a decade now, one thing is for certain. If fans ran the company, it wouldn't survive. And I put myself in that group as well. I couldn't run a company like Disney. And no offense, I don't anyone here can.

Rich T

Ha..good call. Could you imagine if they put Dumbo, the Carousel, and Tea Cups right next to each other?!
Dumbo, the Carousel and the Tea Cups are three completely different experiences with three completely different motions. If they all involved hanging from a chain and moving through the air in a circle, you'd have a good comparison. Come on.

dweezil78

Dumbo, the Carousel and the Tea Cups are three completely different experiences with three completely different motions. If they all involved hanging from a chain and moving through the air in a circle, you'd have a good comparison. Come on.

My roundabout point is, both parks have an appropriate place for these types of basic rides — and with little exception, we thankfully don’t see them elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom