News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...ever been to Fantasyland?

I think if they swapped out the gags in MM that are too similar to Mansion (particularly the Medusa Painting) and replace them with more exotic fantasy artifacts, the two attractions could co-exist. But, as others have pointed out, Disney won't build any non-IP attractions now, so it's a moot point anyway. Unless Disney Animation produces a hit movie based on Mystic Manor. Iger, think of all the plush Albert merchandise sales!!!

Yes, but you are talking about one attraction that was built in-place of the other because of the locale. That would be like having Pirates in DL and the Shanghai version in DCA. They are basically the same attraction.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yes, but you are talking about one attraction that was a built in-place of the other because of the locale. That would be like having Pirates in DL and the Shanghai version in DCA. They are basically the same attraction.
So what? Are you saying DCA shouldn't have Ariel's because DCA has Snow White? Or DCA shouldn't have GRR because DL has Splash Mountain? Before GOTG, DCA had its "Haunted" themed ride in ToT. I don't see the problem.

Rich T

Yes, but you are talking about one attraction that was built in-place of the other because of the locale. That would be like having Pirates in DL and the Shanghai version in DCA. They are basically the same attraction.
They come from the same idea, but I think the "magical" house as opposed to the "haunted" house could still work. The truth is, of course, I just want to ride Mystic Manor and I'm never getting to Hong Kong! :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So what? Are you saying DCA shouldn't have Ariel's because DCA has Snow White? Or DCA shouldn't have GRR because DL has Splash Mountain? Before GOTG, DCA had its "Haunted" themed ride in ToT. I don't see the problem.

Mystic Manor IS the Haunted Mansion of HKDL. ToT while a "haunted" theme wasn't built in-place of Haunted Mansion.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

They come from the same idea, but I think the "magical" house as opposed to the "haunted" house could still work. The truth is, of course, I just want to ride Mystic Manor and I'm never getting to Hong Kong! :D
Exactly. Haunted Mansion is creepy and ghosty. Mystic Manor is more whimisical and features a monkey. They can co-exist just fine.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I realize that...but it's also its own thing. You already don't think people will care about the shoddiness of PP, but somehow they'll get upset about having two similarly stylized attractions in two separate parks??

I never said anything about guests, sure guests will be just fine about it and never even really notice.

I'm talking about Disney. In my opinion, Disney will likely never do it because they are the same attraction, even though its "its own thing".

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I never said anything about guests, sure guests will be just fine about it and never even really notice.

I'm talking about Disney. In my opinion, Disney will likely never do it because they are the same attraction, even though its "its own thing".
Which is stupid, because it would be insanely popular.
Also um, they're putting TRON right next to freaking Space Mountain, so I highly doubt Disney cares about that kind of stuff.

But I agree Disney won't do it, not for their similarities, but because its not an IP that Chapek can shclock.

Rich T

This just popped up on my screen. For a moment I thought it was an ad for a new show at Magic Mountain. :D
bbb.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Which is stupid, because it would be insanely popular.

But I also think Disney won't do it, not for that reason, but because its not an IP that Chapek can shclock.

What I really see them doing is to take that ride system, and add a new IP to it. Because until Battle Escape DLR doesn't really have a large scale LPS based attraction. So DCA will probably get one, if not Rat. then another IP.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also um, they're putting TRON right next to freaking Space Mountain, so I highly doubt Disney cares about that kind of stuff.
I knew you would bring that up. But that is the only example of that. To me there is no similarity between Tron and SM other than both being a roller coaster.

Anyways its just my opinion. Tomorrow Disney could announce that Mystic Manor is coming to DCA, and I'd be fine with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom