News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

BrianLo

I don't know why it is taking me so long to discover these Disneyland news bites these days.

I don't hate the colour scheme, the Lamplight lounge looks cool but I fear for those nachos from the former cove bar. I actually don't hate the carousel in isolation (jury is out on the fibreglass statue marquee), but at least the critters fit with the prizes from TSMM. Luxo is a bonus. Maybe one of two of the new flats for the boardwalk are an aesthetic improvement.

That's all the nice things I got. I'm sure Incredicoaster will be nice in isolation, but unnecessary.

BrianLo

Did someone say Hot Dog Days? Is that coming back soon?

Suspected sighting of @TP2000

cd39b63b-bd2b-4f1b-97cc-5b3172354e11-jpeg.269828

Also this really is the greatest thing to come out of this.

brb1006

Guys. Neither TSL nor PP are worth anywhere near this much emotion.

Let's face it, everybody is getting a disappointing Pixar-related experience this summer. It doesn't matter what coast you reside on, we're all going to be stuck with a giant fiberglass Jessie.

In a way, we're all in this together.
At least Jessie ain't cross eyed like the one at Shanghai before they eventually fixed her eyes.
640-121.jpeg

Hattieboxghost110

Guys. Neither TSL nor PP are worth anywhere near this much emotion.

Let's face it, everybody is getting a disappointing Pixar-related experience this summer. It doesn't matter what coast you reside on, we're all going to be stuck with a giant fiberglass Jessie.

In a way, we're all in this together.

You shall henceforth be known as the GANDHI of Wdwmagic. Bringing unity & healing during such an ugly time. Well done, sir.

mahatma-gandhi-31.jpg

dweezil78

I can't believe I burned calories just to answer a pre-pubescent troll. Definitely makes me appreciate battling a more mature "troll" like Dweezil, Hans, Mr. Penguin, Grand Canyon, etc.

Lol hey... just because I don't give into emotion and act all dramatic about every little change, it doesn't make me a troll! I would never put Hans in the troll category either. Can't recall enough about the history of the other two on the list, but they don't set off my trolldar either.

Hattieboxghost110

Lol hey... just because I don't give into emotion and act all dramatic about every little change, it doesn't make me a troll! I would never put Hans in the troll category either. Can't recall enough about the history of the other two on the list, but they don't set off my trolldar either.

I meant "troll" in the best possible way. Like I have just enough respect for you guys even though I don't see eye to eye with any of you at all.

Come on, let's not kill the good vibes that Gandhi gave us. Or his work would have all been in vain.

(PS I'm pretty sure Unsolved Mysteries figured out that you and Hans were the same poster.)

disnyfan89

I'd take pixar pier over that pile of garbage. The roller coaster is themed better in california before and after the changes. It is the longest steel coaster on earth, by the way. great pacing, actually fast and forceful. Both lands have midway mania. only one has a ferris wheel, a body of water, and world of color. Could it use more realistic topography? perhaps but it beats the "immersion" of being in "Andy's back yard" where trees are somehow a stand-in for blades of grass.

A pier full of tacky junk, believable, if not desirable. A back yard full of oversized junk, maybe less offensive, but also not very nuanced. Works for 5 acres, but for 11? I really think WDW fans are overestimating how fun that coaster will be. It won't be a good coaster at all, folks.

That's actually incorrect... it is however the longest coaster in California, but not the world... or even the US. California Screaming has 6072 ft of track while the world's longest coaster is Steel Dragon 2000 with 8133 ft of track and is located in Japan.

And in case you are wondering Screaming is the 7th longest roller coaster in the world behind: Steel Dragon 2000- 8133 ft; Ultimate- 7442 ft; Fujiyama- 6708 ft; Fury 325- 6602 ft; Millennium Force- 6595 ft; Formula Rossa- 6562 ft.

(This is steel coasters btw and doesnt include wooden)

smile

That's actually incorrect... it is however the longest coaster in California, but not the world... or even the US. California Screaming has 6072 ft of track while the world's longest coaster is Steel Dragon 2000 with 8133 ft of track and is located in Japan.

And in case you are wondering Screaming is the 7th longest roller coaster in the world behind: Steel Dragon 2000- 8133 ft; Ultimate- 7442 ft; Fujiyama- 6708 ft; Fury 325- 6602 ft; Millennium Force- 6595 ft; Formula Rossa- 6562 ft.

(This is steel coasters btw and doesnt include wooden)

it's the longest coaster in the world with an inversion

Rich T

When I hear "Critter Carousel," I keep hearing Hermit Hattie from the original Pee Wee Herman stage show: "Y'all better plug yer ears, Peee-Weee, I'm gonna do my Critter Call! Y'ALL COME QUICK Y'ALL COME QUICK Y'ALL COME QUICK COME QUICK COME QUICK!!!"

No Name

Coco revolves around Mexican culture while Senor Buzz is presumably Spanish, and the great delicacy known as the churro hails from Spain. However, I doubt Imagineering knows or cares. The real reason it's Buzz instead of Coco is because they think that makes more sense next to other Toy Story stuff, because they don't know or care what a theme park is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom