News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Both bro.

200_d.gif

Haha. Well I can only speak for myself and my track record/ my opinions of GOTG:MB during the build and after experiencing it have been honest and consistent.

Last edited:

Little Green Men

Nah, dawg. Both lands suck.

The difference is that Disneylanders will call a spade a spade if something is crappy while my East Coast friends will do the opposite by saying things like, "this will be the BEST TSL in all the world!" Come on bruh, that's like being the skinny kid in fat camp.

The reason TSL is worse than PP is because of its wasted opportunity. All that cash, size, and premium real estate to be thrown away for a barely themed kiddie coaster, whip ride, and crappy theming. My prediction is that PP is temporary, lasting no more than 10 years while TSL is a permanent land.
Nah, WDWers are complaining about TSL to no end. I'm just saying the rides aren't as carnival as, say HK with its parachute drop, RC racers, and Slinky Dog spin in a circle ride.

TROR

We all say it's crap now but we will all be singing it's praises when it's done. That is the pattern around here.
Not here, but definitely on MiceChat. Most of their users hate everything announced until it's opened and then they love it. Disney side of Twitter is like that too. People here seem to be a lot more consistent, however.

nevol

You speak truth. I know I haven't returned since losing Aladdin and TOT, and this new mutilated Pier makes me even less likely to return. DCA had such hope and promise, and then they've begun to smear mud all over it.
So true. My friends and I used to visit and do one day park hoppers. We would get beers mid day in dca, go on tot, soarin, rsr, screamin. Enjoy carsland and paradise pier at night and then hop back for fireworks. Now, with PP closed and TOT as guardians, it isn't looking worth the ticket price for soarin, even though we'll miss it. We can drink in downtown disney. Fail!

mickEblu

So true. My friends and I used to visit and do one day park hoppers. We would get beers mid day in dca, go on tot, soarin, rsr, screamin. Enjoy carsland and paradise pier at night and then hop back for fireworks. Now, with PP closed and TOT as guardians, it isn't looking worth the ticket price for soarin, even though we'll miss it. We can drink in downtown disney. Fail!

You forgot one thing... even Soarin is a downgrade of what was there before.

mlayton144

You may wanna wander into the TSL thread in the WDW section before making these weird blanket statements about WDW fans. There is a very large amount of resistance to TSL. Even the posts you're quoting are clearly not over the moon about it.

Believe it or not, it's possible to think both concepts are trash.

With that said, overall execution of TSL will certainly be better than Pixar Pier. I don't see how anybody could deny that. TSL will be cheap and boring, but it at least makes SOME attempt at placemaking. Granted, that place (Andy's backyard) is boring and not an environment that anybody was really clamoring to visit, but I digress.

Pixar Pier is just... crap.

Let’s face it a good number of the diehards in this forum are just plain bitter about anything related to WDW, the only explanation is that they don’t like that’s it’s the premier destination in the world for family vacations , overshadows “their” park, kind of ridiculous but pretty obvious

Professortango1

Let’s face it a good number of the diehards in this forum are just plain bitter about anything related to WDW, the only explanation is that they don’t like that’s it’s the premier destination in the world for family vacations , overshadows “their” park, kind of ridiculous but pretty obvious

Well, it IS pretty disappointing for someone who grew up with Disneyland. The resort seems to have the tech and maintenance of Universal Studios Hollywood. It is big though.

Its like growing up watching Pixar movies and then you meet people and everyone raves how The Emoji Movie is the best animated film. You can't help but be taken back.

SuddenStorm

Not here, but definitely on MiceChat. Most of their users hate everything announced until it's opened and then they love it. Disney side of Twitter is like that too. People here seem to be a lot more consistent, however.
You give micechat to much credit. On micechat, some of the posters hate everything Disney has done in the last 30 years, as well as current management and projects. Such a a joyless forum, especially when talking about such a great place.

mlayton144

Well, it IS pretty disappointing for someone who grew up with Disneyland. The resort seems to have the tech and maintenance of Universal Studios Hollywood. It is big though.

Its like growing up watching Pixar movies and then you meet people and everyone raves how The Emoji Movie is the best animated film. You can't help but be taken back.

Cmon man be honest , more parks , water activities , golf , camping, themed resorts , a billion dining options. I totally get the nostalgia of disneyland, it’s very charming but you gotta get real

mickEblu

Lurkers don’t get a vote.

Californian Elitist

I can bet none of us care about WDW being a “premier destination.”

Professortango1

Cmon man be honest , more parks , water activities , golf , camping, themed resorts , a billion dining options. I totally get the nostalgia of disneyland, it’s very charming but you gotta get real

It definitely has "more." My issue is that the "more" is spread over a much bigger area, leaving each individual area with less. Each park we visited two summers ago was a half day park. We did all of the attractions, but we were always done in 4-6 hours. And most of these attractions are not up to the quality we have at the DLR. TOT is slow and kind of corny over in Florida, Pirates is shorter and without the drops, Everest is a short version of Matterhorn with broken effects, and Kali River Rapids is probably the worst rafting ride I've been on. Everything looks gorgeous, but a majority of the attractions/parks just feel more dated. I mean, I love Country Bears and dragged my girlfriend. But the AA's were all clicking loudly and the audio was muddy, not to mention it was the original show and not Vacation Hoedown.

The shows are a different quality too. I much preferred Aladdin to Frozen at the Hyperion, but the Frozen show at DHS seems like a knock off at some third party park. Fantasmic has the fancy arena, but the elements are obviously much cheaper and don't work as well.

We'll definitely return to WDW, but we know to plan 2 parks per day and not to expect so much.

GiveMeTheMusic

More parks that aren't maintained well and have been stagnant for years.

There's a lot to recommend about WDW, but it has plenty of downsides as well. No one who prefers DLR over WDW does so because they're butthurt over no golfing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom