News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Suspirian

Someone noticed this over on M*cechat.

1521045496104.png

1521045507102.png

With this and the "mood swings" possibly being a re-skinned flik's flyers, is it safe to say that a Bug's Land should be closing fairly soon?

mickEblu

View attachment 270236

View attachment 270237

With this and the "mood swings" possibly being a re-skinned flik's flyers, is it safe to say that a Bug's Land should be closing fairly soon?

Or they just roll the churro cart to Pixar Pier and Fliks Flyers doesn’t close until later this year with the entire land following it. Judging by the fact that JesSies Carrousel won’t even be ready for a while, I’m thinking Bugs Land is safe until the after the 2018 holidays.

Nice find though!

dweezil78

View attachment 270236

View attachment 270237

It's the same exact cart underneath currently @ Paradise Pier... Doubtful they'd steal the one in Bug's Life and re-do their overlay as it's probably the same amount of work to just add a new overlay to this one. (Plus they'd be out of a churro cart!)

cart.jpg

DanielBB8

Coco revolves around Mexican culture while Senor Buzz is presumably Spanish, and the great delicacy known as the churro hails from Spain. However, I doubt Imagineering knows or cares. The real reason it's Buzz instead of Coco is because they think that makes more sense next to other Toy Story stuff, because they don't know or care what a theme park is.
So you rather have Coco going there because churros because theming. This is even less of making sense of the argument.

No Name

So you rather have Coco going there because churros because theming. This is even less of making sense of the argument.

Huh? I clearly said a Coco churro stand would be cultural blasphemy. I don't think thats the reason they chose Senor Buzz instead though.

Ismael Flores

The only issue with placing anything between the western helix and the swings is that would block the parade route from coming backstage. Floats are stored behind the Midway Mania building and come out the gate by swings

no i wasn't talking anywhere near an area that it would get in the way of the parade route for a small theater where turtle talk can be relocated. There is actually a large piece of real estate as part of the bay that could easily be used as an extension of the pier for either outdoor vending carts or even a small building just big enough for something like turtle talk.

the area measures about .250 acre, the turtle talk area of the animation building is about .125 acres

im bored and did something really quick in photoshop just to show what i was trying to say. of course I just cut and pasted old building facades just for a quick visual so its not perfect.

1st picture is google distance measuring the approximate size of turtle talk area in the animation building
Turtle-talk.jpg

2nd picture is approximate size of area i am referring to
bay.jpg

next couple pictures of area highlighted in yellow
turtle-tallk-area.jpg
upper-view-area.jpg

next picture shows an old picture pasted in area just for visual of what could have been if seen from across the bay. not exactly to size
Turtle-talk-visual.jpg

and next two pictures possible entrances to the small theater.

1st being located in the new "Pixar neighborhood
entrance-1.jpg

2nd entrance somewhere in the western Helix in what they are now calling Inside out neighborhood where they are adding another spinner. (why another spinner i have no idea, that helix is big enough for something else)
entrance-2.jpg

The exit could easily be located in this yellow area. If the building was built with a wrap around boardwalk they could use that as extended queue or even connect it to the unused bottom portion of the Silly Symphony

possible-exit-area.jpg

but of course this is just all an idea of how they can make more room for the pier if they really wanted to expand with smaller indoor venues that could be used during WOC.

I guess you guys can tell I'm bored at work

Last edited:

mickEblu

no i wasn't talking anywhere near an area that it would get in the way of the parade route for a small theater where turtle talk can be relocated. There is actually a large piece of real estate as part of the bay that could easily be used as an extension of the pier for either outdoor vending carts or even a small building just big enough for something like turtle talk.

the area measures about .250 acre, the turtle talk area of the animation building is about .125 acres

im bored and did something really quick in photoshop just to show what i was trying to say. of course I just cut and pasted old building facades just for a quick visual so its not perfect.

1st picture is google distance measuring the approximate size of turtle talk area in the animation building
View attachment 270247

2nd picture is approximate size of area i am referring to
View attachment 270248
next couple pictures of area highlighted in yellow
View attachment 270249View attachment 270250
next picture shows an old picture pasted in area just for visual of what could have been if seen from across the bay. not exactly to size
View attachment 270251
and next two pictures possible entrances to the small theater.

1st being located in the new "Pixar neighborhood
View attachment 270253
2nd entrance somewhere in the western Helix in what they are now calling Inside out neighborhood where they are adding another spinner. (why another spinner i have no idea, that helix is big enough for something else)
View attachment 270254

The exit could easily be located in this yellow area. If the building was built with a wrap around boardwalk they could use that as extended queue or even connect it to the unused bottom portion of the Silly Symphony

View attachment 270255

but of course this is just all an idea of how they can make more room for the pier if they really wanted to expand with smaller indoor venues that could be used during WOC.

I guess you guys can tell I'm bored at work

Forget Turtle Talk. Where can we fit a Coco dark ride?

Ismael Flores

Forget Turtle Talk. Where can we fit a Coco dark ride?
now that would be awesome.

DO they still use both parade building in the DCA back of house area?

When DCA opened it had a long parade building right behind screamin then they built the other one right behind the loading area of Screamin coaster against the Carsland mountain range because they had the two parades running.
i remember someone saying that part of the newer parade building had been taken over for the WOC equipment so not sure if it is still used as a parade float building.

if it is, i wonder if the original parade building behind the actual coaster can be modified and used as a show building for another dark ride. The Pier desperately needs another indoor dark ride that can stay open during WOC.

mickEblu

now that would be awesome.

DO they still use both parade building in the DCA back of house area?

When DCA opened it had a long parade building right behind screamin then they built the other one right behind the loading area of Screamin coaster against the Carsland mountain range because they had the two parades running.
i remember someone saying that part of the newer parade building had been taken over for the WOC equipment so not sure if it is still used as a parade float building.

if it is, i wonder if the original parade building behind the actual coaster can be modified and used as a show building for another dark ride. The Pier desperately needs another indoor dark ride that can stay open during WOC.

I honestly dunno but There we go! Get rid of one of the parade buildings and build the ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here’s a question... why can’t Screamin run during WOC? Is there an actual reason besides lighting on the track?

I believe its a couple reasons:

1. The lights and screams would be distracting from WOC
2. The launch of the coaster from the bay would also be distracting
3. Probably also a safety thing

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Here’s a question... why can’t Screamin run during WOC? Is there an actual reason besides lighting on the track?
I believe its a couple reasons:

1. The lights and screams would be distracting from WOC
2. The launch of the coaster from the bay would also be distracting
3. Probably also a safety thing

I could be wrong but I remember hearing it had something to do with the power setup; they can't run both at the same time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I could be wrong but I remember hearing it had something to do with the power setup; they can't run both at the same time.

What are they afraid they're going to blow a fuse? If that was the case why would they have to close down the rest of the pier? You telling me its all on the same circuit and would blow if they ran it all at the same time?

Since parts of the coaster are used to display projections, it would make more sense from a distraction point of view to shut it down.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
What are they afraid they're going to blow a fuse? If that was the case why would they have to close down the rest of the pier? You telling me its all on the same circuit and would blow if they ran it all at the same time?

Since parts of the coaster are used to display projections, it would make more sense from a distraction point of view to shut it down.

"I could be wrong but I remember hearing.."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom