News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mlayton144

It definitely has "more." My issue is that the "more" is spread over a much bigger area, leaving each individual area with less. Each park we visited two summers ago was a half day park. We did all of the attractions, but we were always done in 4-6 hours. And most of these attractions are not up to the quality we have at the DLR. TOT is slow and kind of corny over in Florida, Pirates is shorter and without the drops, Everest is a short version of Matterhorn with broken effects, and Kali River Rapids is probably the worst rafting ride I've been on. Everything looks gorgeous, but a majority of the attractions/parks just feel more dated. I mean, I love Country Bears and dragged my girlfriend. But the AA's were all clicking loudly and the audio was muddy, not to mention it was the original show and not Vacation Hoedown.

The shows are a different quality too. I much preferred Aladdin to Frozen at the Hyperion, but the Frozen show at DHS seems like a knock off at some third party park. Fantasmic has the fancy arena, but the elements are obviously much cheaper and don't work as well.

We'll definitely return to WDW, but we know to plan 2 parks per day and not to expect so much.

You are a unique breed then along with a few others on this board , most people spend 1 week plus , some 2+ weeks at WDW - don’t think they are dropping thousands every year to be bored. Just my opinion, but rides are just part of the overall resort experience (resorts, dining, activities)

Professortango1

You are a unique breed then along with a few others on this board , most people spend 1 week plus , some 2+ weeks at WDW - don’t think they are dropping thousands every year to be bored. Just my opinion, but rides are just part of the overall resort experience (resorts, dining, activities)

We did 8 days in Orlando with 5 days at Disney and 2 Days at Universal. We dined at a table service every day, but I'm not going to spend the day eating. We shopped, went on rides, saw shows...but most of the parks have limited offerings, so we'd blow through things to do pretty quickly. DHS and DAK were especially hard as we were done by 1/2 and then had hours to kill before the evening shows. EPCOT did eat up a day and a half though. That would be a 2 day park if Wonders of Life and other closed experiences were still open.

Shigg. W. McGee

cMWalaa.gif

smile

I understand less than half of what you say (or more). ;)

:p

that was a shortcut to the idea of comparing dealing/coping with the onset of pp/tsl to similar steps regarding the stages of grief...
and that the convo had now progressed to favorably defending two sub-standard projects against each other, and, who knows, maybe one day general acceptance altogether

Curious Constance

:p

that was a shortcut to the idea of comparing dealing/coping with the onset of pp/tsl to similar steps regarding the stages of grief...
and that the convo had now progressed to favorably defending two sub-standard projects against each other, and, who knows, maybe one day general acceptance altogether
I'm with ya now :)

dlr74

what I'm hoping is that once this is done, that Disney moves on to expanding other parts of the property that have overlapping themes.
Do we really need to have Buzz lightyear anymore?
Still don't understand why turtle talk wasn't moved over to Pixar pier. I still think they can easily reclaim some of the water area just west of the ferris wheel and between the Western Helix and silyy symhpny and fit a good size themed building there. The inside could be a charming theater that could be used to relocate Turtle talk.

Once done then they might as well remove the bandstand area they are working on and turn that into the entrance for another much needed darkride for the area. In this case i wouldn't mind a nicely well done trackless dark ride based on coco or even a fume ride. I'm sure they can a way of making it fit between the coaster supports and the backstage area.

consolidate as many Pixar themes as they can in the Pier minus Cars and remove Buzz lightyear and Nemo for Disneyland expansion.
The only issue with placing anything between the western helix and the swings is that would block the parade route from coming backstage. Floats are stored behind the Midway Mania building and come out the gate by swings

MoonRakerSCM

*raises hand*

I don't like the new stuff... going back to what they got rid of from the original park design that people disliked and considered 'cheap'... I'm amazed they've gone this route...

*lowers hand*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom