News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Disneyland's all plugged into the same outlet. Unplugging it will shut down the whole resort indefinitely.

3668987.jpg

They did just build a warehouse fortress power plant didn't they, I guess my argument is invalid.

Disney Analyst

What are they afraid they're going to blow a fuse? If that was the case why would they have to close down the rest of the pier? You telling me its all on the same circuit and would blow if they ran it all at the same time?

Since parts of the coaster are used to display projections, it would make more sense from a distraction point of view to shut it down.

I think the projection in the loop is unnecessary at most. I’d rather they run the attraction and lose that projection. It’s really too bad that everything has to shut down at night.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the projection in the loop is unnecessary at most. I’d rather they run the attraction and lose that projection. It’s really too bad that everything has to shut down at night.

They want the focus on that side of that park to be on WOC. But I understand what you are saying. Its a perfect time to go on RSRs.

TROR

Its like they are going back to their roots. Everything feeds into everything else, just like in the early days.
Only difference now is that Disneyland doesn't really create anything new. Back in the 50's and 60's we had television specials for the opening of Disneyland, The Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean (not to mention the entire Disneyland TV show). Then in the 80's and 90's we had TV specials for Star Tours, Indiana Jones, New Tomorrowland, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, and just about everything new. Early 2000's we had specials for DCA, TDS, Expedition Everest, and even a general behind the scenes look at Walt Disney Imagineering. Now what do we get? Was there a special for the new Star Tours or an in-depth look at how Cars Land and BVS were made? We are getting a season of Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney XD based off Mission Breakout, but that show only exists because of the movie, not because of Disneyland, but I'll award you one point for it.

Let's face it, Disney Parks are constantly used to advertise new movies, TV shows, or whatever else Disney is making, but never do we ever see movies now advertise Disneyland's newest offerings and rarely do we see a television special truly showcasing the latest expansion to the parks. I hope we get a great TV special for Galaxy's Edge with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega hosting it, but I highly doubt we will.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Only difference now is that Disneyland doesn't really create anything new. Back in the 50's and 60's we had television specials for the opening of Disneyland, The Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean (not to mention the entire Disneyland TV show). Then in the 80's and 90's we had TV specials for Star Tours, Indiana Jones, New Tomorrowland, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, and just about everything new. Early 2000's we had specials for DCA, TDS, Expedition Everest, and even a general behind the scenes look at Walt Disney Imagineering. Now what do we get? Was there a special for the new Star Tours or an in-depth look at how Cars Land and BVS were made? We are getting a season of Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney XD based off Mission Breakout, but that show only exists because of the movie, not because of Disneyland, but I'll award you one point for it.

Let's face it, Disney Parks are constantly used to advertise new movies, TV shows, or whatever else Disney is making, but never do we ever see movies now advertise Disneyland's newest offerings and rarely do we see a television special truly showcasing the latest expansion to the parks. I hope we get a great TV special for Galaxy's Edge with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega hosting it, but I highly doubt we will.

The parks advertise themselves, so they don't need to do it as much as they used to. But they still do create specials for the parks, you may just not notice them. A lot of them are on the Disney Channel and Disney XD.

TROR

The parks advertise themselves, so they don't need to do it as much as they used to. But they still do create specials for the parks, you may just not notice them. A lot of them are on the Disney Channel and Disney XD.
I must be missing out on them now that I'm older and don't watch those channels anymore. Can you point me to some, though? If they're actually high quality behind the scenes looks and not just "Check out Disneyland" I'd love to watch them. When writing that point I was looking up if there had been any new documentaries or specials released and all I could find was a trailer for The Imagineering Story from 2016 and that hasn't even been released.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I must be missing out on them now that I'm older and don't watch those channels anymore. Can you point me to some, though? If they're actually high quality behind the scenes looks and not just "Check out Disneyland" I'd love to watch them. When writing that point I was looking up if there had been any new documentaries or specials released and all I could find was a trailer for The Imagineering Story from 2016 and that hasn't even been released.

I have to go find some, but a lot of them are little shorts between the shows with the latest kids for the various shows running around the parks.

TROR

I have to go find some, but a lot of them are little shorts between the shows with the latest kids for the various shows running around the parks.
Oh so nothing actually real? Meh. I'm sticking to my argument that they're not actually producing anything based off the parks. I mean, they didn't even do an hour long special showing off Avatar land at DAK and that's ridiculous to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh so nothing actually real? Meh. I'm sticking to my argument that they're not actually producing anything based off the parks. I mean, they didn't even do an hour long special showing off Avatar land at DAK and that's ridiculous to me.

Again the existing parks advertise themselves. New offerings are going to be advertised though traditional ads instead of hour long specials.

They did create a new special to show off Shanghai Disneyland in 2016 that was broadcast on Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Freeform.

Ismael Flores

They should have just spent a bit more money and either

1) lengthen the scream tube over most of the launch area and then theme the outside to more rock formation.

2) Just add more rock formation on side facing the viewing area of WOC.

maybe then they could run the coaster.

Of course that wouldn't fix the safety issue involved in running a coaster in the dark. if the cars got stuck they would need to have the lighting on to be able to evacuate people from the top lifts.
I’’ guessing that is the main reason for not running the coaster during WOC. you can't have guests walking down the steps on the top hill with just minimal lights on or have them sit there for 40 minutes till WOC is over

Last edited:

TROR

@TROR Enjoy! ;)

I do recall seeing a parks documentary on ABC a year or two ago. I'll try to find it. However stuff like that is few and far between.

This is miserable. Make it stop.

Again the existing parks advertise themselves. New offerings are going to be advertised though traditional ads instead of hour long specials.

They did create a new special to show off Shanghai Disneyland in 2016 that was broadcast on Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Freeform.
Ah now that's something I need to watch.

JD2000

As Bob Chapek, formerly president of Disney Consumer Products, was supposedly tasked with getting Imagineering, who allegedly couldn't seem to build anything on time or within budget, under control. This could very well be the result of tightening the lease too much and explain quite a lot of what we are seeing; from how it seems to continue to be in-development while being constructed, to it looking cheaply done. And so I am thinking he is the person who should receive the most blame.

Shigg. W. McGee

As Bob Chapek, formerly president of Disney Consumer Products, was supposedly tasked with getting Imagineering, who allegedly couldn't seem to build anything on time or within budget, under control. This could very well be the result of tightening the lease too much and explain quite a lot of what we are seeing; from how it seems to continue to be in-development while being constructed, to it looking cheaply done. And so I am thinking he is the person who should receive the most blame.
👏👏👏👏👏

dlr74

Regarding the Buzz churro stand - that churro stand has always sat in front of Midway Mania. They separated the Pixar Pier into different themed neighborhoods, and the churro stand across from TSMM sits in the Toy Story neighborhood. Therefore it needed a Toy Story theme and couldn’t have been Coco related

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom