News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

No Name

That’s decor. It’s not the theme of the restaurant and bar. There’s a difference.

Holy crap you said something correct.

But a franchise isn't a theme either. For example, the theme of Cars Land isn't Cars. The theme of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge isn't Star Wars. The theme of Soarin' Over the World isn't Soarin'. Those are just brand names. If you watch The Incredibles 2 in theaters and someone asks you what the theme of the movie is, would you say The Incredibles? I'd hope not. Theme is derived from the content of the medium.

DanielBB8

Holy crap you said something correct.

But a franchise isn't a theme either. For example, the theme of Cars Land isn't Cars. The theme of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge isn't Star Wars. The theme of Soarin' Over the World isn't Soarin'. Those are just brand names. If you watch The Incredibles 2 in theaters and someone asks you what the theme of the movie is, would you say The Incredibles? I'd hope not. Theme is derived from the content of the medium.
We say this of Disneyland, Main Street, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland. They are not themed lands. They are branding. Then we dig down into what their actual themes are. Have at it. Pixar Pier’s theme isn’t Pixar. It’s the Pier. This hasn’t changed since the redo. The pier is still there with new decor.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

We say this of Disneyland, Main Street, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland. They are not themed lands. They are branding. Then we dig down into what their actual themes are. Have at it. Pixar Pier’s theme isn’t Pixar. It’s the Pier.
Are you saying that Adventureland isn't a land themed to adventure? And rather "Adventure" is a brand?

Now I'm confused.

Californian Elitist

If you didn’t realize, theme park names and it’s lands are also brand names too. How is Disneyland not a brand name? Tomorrowland is clearly a brand name with a movie attached to it.

??? The movie entitled “Tomorrowland” was released decades after Disneyland’s Tomorrowland opened.

You know that’s not the brand people are referring to here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom