News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Ismael Flores

This just in, The Jungle cruise to be rethemed to anda. The western side of the esplanade where the picnic area is and restrooms will be relocated along with a new reconfigured tram loading area to make room for an expanded Adventureland area.
A previous idea will be dusted off from WDI to turn the jungle cruise into part attraction part transport.

Guests will be board the jungle cruise through the African belt where they will encounter wild animals and eventually come upon the east African nation of Wakanda a wondrous place untouched by colonial influence.
guests will have the option of disembarking and experiencing one of two highly themed attractions.
once returning back guest will continue thru the african river belt that will have and enhanced indoor show scene.

additionally the Indiana queue will be adjusted to allow for a higly landscaped path that can be used as well to reach this new world.

:po_O;)

Last edited:

oo_nrb

New hotel theme: What if this is just a major expansion/replacement of the Disneyland Hotel?
Ever since we saw the design and placement of the new hotel, I've figured that this is the new long-term goal. Build the new towers up and then either heavily renovate the old towers or possibly demo and replace them with the new smaller towers of the "new" hotel.

Californian Elitist

I certainly hope Guest Satisfaction statitistics aren’t determined how I fear they are. No, I know they aren’t.

But sometimes I wonder...and FEAR.

I rope dropped M:B on opening day eager to give it a chance. I mildly enjoyed it, but there was plenty I didn’t like about it. At the exit, a couple of higher-level Disney employees stood by with grins on their faces and piercing stares. They asked each person, “Did you like it?!?!” while offering a thumbs-up. I didn’t want to be impolite, so I reluctantly gave a thumbs up. They cheered.

Now I wonder if I inadvertently doomed Universe of Energy.

Lol It can be hard sometimes! You get caught up in the moment.

I remember when Season of Force, or whatever that crap was called was new and they asked for my thoughts through a survey. I gave everything 1’s. Lol I was not playing around. Nothing but garbage.

Disneylover152

According to the Disneyland Website, the last night they are selling World of Color Dining Packages and Dessert Parties is on April 12, but the Entertainment schedule only goes up to April 2. Coincidently, Paint the Night begins on April 13. So at least they aren't leaving DCA nighttime-less like Disneyland is now.

SteamboatJoe

According to the Disneyland Website, the last night they are selling World of Color Dining Packages and Dessert Parties is on April 12, but the Entertainment schedule only goes up to April 2. Coincidently, Paint the Night begins on April 13. So at least they aren't leaving DCA nighttime-less like Disneyland is now.

*sigh* it seems like my fear of missing out on WoC is going to become a reality.

Disneylover152

*sigh* it seems like my fear of missing out on WoC is going to become a reality.

Mine too...

But look at the bright side. We get Paint the Night, Fantasmic, and the Pixar Fireworks, as well as a non-construction filled Fantasyland and Main Street as there currently is now. Plus hopefully some of the Pixar Pier walls are down and the games and gift shops open for Pixar Fest.

TP2000

Huh? Fantasmic! has been performing nightly at Disneyland since Christmas. This week it's performing twice per night due to the Presidents Day holiday week.

A few days ago during one of my HealthWalks, I took these photos of all the construction work for Pixar Pier. They really are going all out here, painting and refurbishing every structure and section of the Pier.

Pixar1.jpg

The domes and rooftops of the entry gift shops and Ariel's Grotto are long gone. I wonder what the new name of this restaurant will be? A new Nemo theme?
pixar2.jpg

Midway Mania has gone under tarps too. You can see new blue roofs peeking out here. Screamin' and the Fun Wheel have massive amounts of scaffolding up all over the place.
pixar3.jpg

Ismael Flores

I’m really hoping the while coaster gets a good paint job.
Also didn’t anyone notice the concept art has new covers for the main supports?
Looks like hose gold sun spikes that’s adorned es coaster will be removed.
Let’s hope that they figured out a way of hiding all the ugly pipes and that the ugly blue tarps hanging on the western helix facing the silly symphony swings get removed

IMDREW

I will also be missing WoC :(. Will there be an announcement about it going down for reburbishment? Or will they just leave it off the entertainment program and pretend nothings different? I wanted to do the WoC dining package at Carthay Circle, but if it's down I'll do the Paint the Night one. Still hoping for WoC though, as no one really knows if it'll be down or not. Do you think the PTN packages will sell out? Cause if they won't I'll wait just a bit longer in the hopes of getting WoC.

FerretAfros

Bold prediction: World of Color and Paint the Night won't run at the same time.

The parade route runs directly behind the WOC viewing area, and has been used as a staging area for crowds in the past. With a 27-minute water show and 20+ minute parade (which would realistically be audible in the viewing area for 30+ minutes), both of which need considerable time to reset audiences before/after performances, there are only so many options for how to piece together a nighttime schedule. Even extending park hours to get more hours after dark only does so much

This was a major consideration in the decision to put WDW's Fantasmic! in the Studios, since their parade route runs through Frontierland along the banks of Rivers of America, and was running the then-new SpectroMagic nightly. When WOC first appeared at DCA, these very logistics were why they had no problem sending MSEP to WDW for an extended period.

At the very least, I would expect them to only run PTN until mid-June, when the AP blackouts begin. Running both concurrently might be more feasible when the crowds are lighter (and far more profitable, with their higher cost-per-day tickets) without the APs around the muck everything up

drizgirl

Bold prediction: World of Color and Paint the Night won't run at the same time.

The parade route runs directly behind the WOC viewing area, and has been used as a staging area for crowds in the past. With a 27-minute water show and 20+ minute parade (which would realistically be audible in the viewing area for 30+ minutes), both of which need considerable time to reset audiences before/after performances, there are only so many options for how to piece together a nighttime schedule. Even extending park hours to get more hours after dark only does so much

This was a major consideration in the decision to put WDW's Fantasmic! in the Studios, since their parade route runs through Frontierland along the banks of Rivers of America, and was running the then-new SpectroMagic nightly. When WOC first appeared at DCA, these very logistics were why they had no problem sending MSEP to WDW for an extended period.

At the very least, I would expect them to only run PTN until mid-June, when the AP blackouts begin. Running both concurrently might be more feasible when the crowds are lighter (and far more profitable, with their higher cost-per-day tickets) without the APs around the muck everything up
Definitely a bold prediction. I do see your point, and it makes sense. But it hardly seems worth bringing back only to tick people off like that.

Ismael Flores

I haven’t seen them us the parade route for staging of WOC much anymore. I think that in theory they can run the night parade and still do WOC if times correctly and help spread out the crowds.

Can they change the direction the parade travels?

Start the parade from Paradise Pier and end it in Hollywood. If they start it from Paradise Pier the people lined up for the parade in that area will disperse once the last float passes and clear up the WOC area.
By the time the parade finishes in Hollywood land the parade route near WOC viewing area will be accessible. They can even start WOC before the parade ends if they wanted. They just need to wait for the last float to reach grizzley falls area. By then guests flow through the parade route is open and WOC viewing area can be access by directing guests thru bugsland or grizzley peak

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom