News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

No Name

I thought I agreed with you that name brands are not themes. This was many posts ago. The problem you have and many here is you can’t take agreement. You have to keep beating me. There is no actual problem, but you came back to say a franchise isn’t a theme. This is extending the argument so I decided to take it as far as I can. The thing is names and franchises ABSOLUTELY CAN give people an idea of what the theme of the land is even if you disagree Pixar is a theme. It is more than a blank piece of paper as how Screamin’ looks like.

Huh? You said Pixar Pier is "a theming makeover from California generic pier to Pixar" and sarcastically claimed that the theme requires more thought. Regardless I'm glad you say you agree.

You say you feel like you keep getting beat. Not everyone else feels that way. A handful of other members here do, and for similar reason. If you keep posting things that are wrong people will probably keep explaining why they think you're wrong. And usually they're really trying to help as long as you aren't trolling. I've held many misunderstandings throughout my career and I'm glad people explained to me why I was wrong. I would be annoyed if people hadn't told me why I was wrong.

I continued before because that was the first time I ever agreed with a single one of your posts and I didn't want to let the good feeling go. I think we got somewhere.

DanielBB8

D783F66E-C22B-4903-8235-87DEDF506F76.jpeg
Pretty sure this sells.

DanielBB8

Huh? You said Pixar Pier is "a theming makeover from California generic pier to Pixar" and sarcastically claimed that the theme requires more thought. Regardless I'm glad you say you agree.

You say you feel like you keep getting beat. Not everyone else feels that way. A handful of other members here do, and for similar reason. If you keep posting things that are wrong people will probably keep explaining why they think you're wrong. And usually they're really trying to help as long as you aren't trolling. I've held many misunderstandings throughout my career and I'm glad people explained to me why I was wrong. I would be annoyed if people hadn't told me why I was wrong.

I continued before because that was the first time I ever agreed with a single one of your posts and I didn't want to let the good feeling go. I think we got somewhere.
With your first paragraph, I still don’t get your point. What’s wrong with calling it a “theming makeover”? They are actually changing many things substantially. There no defined Pixar theme and I agree the brand name don’t make a theme, but the project changes many things in the pier so I do not consider myself wrong to call it a Pixar theming makeover. It involves more than just changing its name, which is the bare minimum of a branding change.

I feeling like I’m be trolled for comments that were in the past and you keep wanting to have a fight about it. So what’s your problem? What good feeling you’re having is definitely enjoyed by you.

D

Deleted member 107043

Well, if you're there, then maybe I'll swing by ;)

We could debate the value of the Pixar IP transformation of Paradise Pier, and argue which direction of nighttime parade traffic at DCA is the most efficient as we suck down beers and/or cocktails. All while admiring the knick-knacks and collectible toys of beloved Pixar characters adorning the Lamplight Lounge.

dweezil78

With your first paragraph, I still don’t get your point. What’s wrong with calling it a “theming makeover”? They are actually changing many things substantially. There no defined Pixar theme and I agree the brand name don’t make a theme, but the project changes many things in the pier so I do not consider myself wrong to call it a Pixar theming makeover. It involves more than just changing its name, which is the bare minimum of a branding change.

I feeling like I’m be trolled for comments that were in the past and you keep wanting to have a fight about it. So what’s your problem? What good feeling you’re having is definitely enjoyed by you.

Dude... my advice? Just drop it. Everyone I'm sure gets exactly what you're trying to say (at least I do), but is going to keep endlessly debating you just because you're on a message board and people have temporarily run out of interesting stuff to talk about.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

We could debate the value of the Pixar IP transformation of Paradise Pier, and argue which direction of nighttime parade traffic at DCA is the most efficient as we suck down beers and/or cocktails. All while admiring the knick-knacks and collectible toys of beloved Pixar characters adorning the Lamplight Lounge.
Sold! And when mickEblu shows up, we'll indulge him in some sad, almost drunken TOT laments.

nevol

"Renovated from an old warehouse factory" "steel structural elements" "concrete and brick walls" "factory floor boards."

Is Hipster-Industrial the only vibe Disney can do anymore?
Seeriously. A warehouse? How do you explain the boardwalk/trolley park touches on the roof? Just a lazy excuse of a theme to get away with not reskinning the rest of the complex with its corrugated steel and those airplane toilet water tinted windows. Truly shocked. A seaside pier... in the warehouse district of los angeles? Will the cast of Fast and Furious be signing autographs throughout the meal?

I mean, I guess they're still kind of nailing the California theme. Expectations of coastal beauty but in actuality urban / industrial wastelands, power plants, warehouses, and homeless encampments.

Hattieboxghost110

Yes, because I'm not the one quoting definitions and trying to claim that a seaside pier with a few hokey rides is the same thing as a theme park because a sentence written in a book could make you argue that it is.

Lol I never claimed that Santa Cruz Boardwalk was a theme park. All I said is that it was a fun amusement park and gives VARIETY in a way that Orlando/Florida lacks. Not everything has to be up to Disney/Universal standards.

You were putting down 2nd rate parks, but they actually have a place in the market.

dweezil78

Lol I never claimed that Santa Cruz Boardwalk was a theme park. All I said is that it was a fun amusement park and gives VARIETY in a way that Orlando/Florida lacks. Not everything has to be up to Disney/Universal standards.

You were putting down 2nd rate parks, but they actually have a place in the market.

Naw... I was putting down tourist traps. Wrong thread for this, but I do think there is often a pretty sizable gap in value & quality between what you get at the top theme parks and everywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom