News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

It does actually.
Per the article: "Lamplight Lounge celebrates the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers who have brought Pixar stories to life. Guests will discover the artistic marks that the Pixar “regulars” have left throughout the lounge: concept art, a quick sketch on a napkin, knick-knacks and collectable toys of beloved Pixar characters will adorn the space."

They were cleaning out John Lasseter's office and they were like, "Dude, what are we going to do with all of these toys!?" Then someone slowly broke out into a smile.

DanielBB8

I’m not cherry-picking anything. Your claims of the original Disneyland lands being brands are ridiculous. I’m calling the ridiculousness out.
Go ahead. The Tomorrowland movie wasn’t done in isolation. It featured a boy going on the Small World ride and things happen. It’s a brand. The futuristic theme is an afterthought like the whole badly made movie.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Tomorrowland? Disneyland? Fantasyland? Adventureland? All brand names.
lol. bruh. Do you even know what the word "brand" means? Just because something has a proper-noun, capitalized name doesn't make it a brand name...

Last time I checked, "Adventureland" didn't make my toothpaste, breakfast cereal, or sneakers...

DanielBB8

I haven't seen it.

Tell me the theme of any movie you've ever watched.
huh?
lol. bruh. Do you even know what the word "brand" means? Just because something has a proper-noun, capitalized name doesn't make it a brand name...

Last time I checked, "Adventureland" didn't make my toothpaste, breakfast cereal, or sneakers...
You have a narrow definition of brand name.

There is actually a movie made with this name although not by Disney. Yes, Adventureland is a brand name.

If you’re slow, Disney theme parks are designed based on movies. They don’t make theme parks with toothpaste brands, but they will accept corporate sponsorships.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

huh?

There is actually a movie made with this name although not by Disney. Yes, Adventureland is a brand name.

If you’re slow, Disney theme parks are designed based on movies. They don’t make theme parks with toothpaste brands, but they will accept corporate sponsorships.
My "narrow" definition also happens to be the first definition of the word "brand".

stupidity.gif

No Name

You're stuck, no surprise. I'll start.

One of the major themes of Zootopia is equality. The police officers judge Judy based on her physical appearance: she's not a big rhino like them, she's a small bunny. However, Judy has more drive and passion for her job and winds up a more successful cop than any of them. It's about who you are on the inside, not the outside.

A theme of Zootopia is not Zootopia. The brand name is not the theme.

TROR

huh?

I think you're confusing people because you forgot to mention that Adventureland was written and directed by the reanimated corpse of Walt Disney.

DanielBB8

Holy crap you said something correct.

But a franchise isn't a theme either. For example, the theme of Cars Land isn't Cars. The theme of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge isn't Star Wars. The theme of Soarin' Over the World isn't Soarin'. Those are just brand names. If you watch The Incredibles 2 in theaters and someone asks you what the theme of the movie is, would you say The Incredibles? I'd hope not. Theme is derived from the content of the medium.
Going back to Your original post, then I fail to see the problem anymore since the theme is disconnected from the name of the land. Okay? I’m prepared for more attacks.

No Name

Going back to Your original post, then I fail to see the problem anymore since the theme is disconnected from the name of the land. Okay? I’m prepared for more attacks.

Okay! The problem is that you've repeatedly claimed that a brand name is a theme. That the theme of Pixar Pier is Pixar. So you are now acknowledging that is not the case?

DanielBB8

Okay! The problem is that you've repeatedly claimed that a brand name is a theme. So you are now acknowledging that is not the case?
I thought I agreed with you that name brands are not themes. This was many posts ago. The problem you have and many here is you can’t take agreement. You have to keep beating me. There is no actual problem, but you came back to say a franchise isn’t a theme. This is extending the argument so I decided to take it as far as I can. The thing is names and franchises ABSOLUTELY CAN give people an idea of what the theme of the land is even if you disagree Pixar is a theme. It is more than a blank piece of paper as how Screamin’ looks like, which is a white woodie themed roller coaster (from a unthemed plain steel roller coaster).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom